We are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on high performing teams!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s Digital Workplace Engineering team is focused on engineering tools and applications IBMers need to be effective. Through a family of apps and services, we’re building an environment which is constantly solving problems and working together to push the limits on productivity and collaboration. We are well-positioned to deliver the next chapter of the digital workplace, leveraging expertise in cloud, security, and scale. We are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on high performing teams.
As a Technical Product Manager for email you’ll understand the needs of all IBMers worldwide, applications which integrate with email, and external email communication needs, and drive system functionality to meet those needs. You will understand user behavior, analyze data, identify trends, craft strategies, and drive implementation and delivery. You will have a deep understanding of the myriad of functions available in these complex enterprise systems, and drive the development of policies and procedures which support the needs of our users with a performing, manageable and secure email environment which is always available on desktop and mobile devices.
You must be able to adapt, thrive, navigate, and succeed in the acceptance of the system integrator’s methodology and tools, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You must also be able to support high-level strategic initiatives as directed by senior management, roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Collaborate with business representatives, other technical managers, iteration managers, and engineers to establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contracted work scope specifications.
- Understand the needs of the IBM population, and prioritize and schedule work in accordance with those needs as well as with the team’s ability to deliver
- Participate in release planning, identify dependencies and work in close liaison with external teams.
- Host regular program meetings to discuss project status, identify and implement solutions to address risks and issues, and drive decision making to deliver on time.
- Analyze and report on project accomplishments, challenges, and issues
Candidate must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorshipCIODEM19
#adaytorefer IWD18HJNA IWD18&A
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3 plus years of product management experience - leading technical focused products
- 3 plus years of cloud experience
- 3 plus years working with Microsoft Outlook and Exchange in a leadership capacity
- Demonstrated collaboration skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors, as well as between engineering teams and senior leadership.
- Proven talent for uniting and motivating teams towards a common goal.
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Agile Product Owner Certification
- Experience operating an IBM Notes/Domino infrastructure
- Experience operating other large-scale enterprise collaboration systems, such as instant messaging or web conferencing systems
- BA/BS degree in a technical discipline
About Business Unit
As a member of the Digital Workplace Engineering team, you will work with an end-to-end team to design, build, and deliver products that redefine the experience of being an IBMer. Our organization is characterized by small teams, working cohesively, in a startup-like environment inside of the world’s largest IT company. We are changing the way work gets done and need to develop the software to support and scale that transformation.
DWE is a custom software development team that gets to work on web and mobile applications that enhance the productivity of IBMers. We have a captive global audience, with high expectations of their technology.
150+ employees; growing presence in NYC
CIO Design is also located in the same WeWork
Our team gets to work with cutting edge tools and build custom web and mobile solutions that are truly deployed at scale. Our global users will have millions of interactions with your innovations daily, and we work closely with our design partners to have continuous feedback loops as part of our agile process. You will have direct input to the way we work through an active guild model and daily scrum ceremonies.
Your Life @ IBM
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]