Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
The FIFA Systems team is looking for a talented and experienced Systems Engineer. The Sr Systems Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms working on complex problems with Designers, Artists, and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, user interface, and online.
- Research cutting-edge algorithms and techniques.
- Expertise and experience in rendering, pipelines, and low level console libraries
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
- Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines if required.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of experience working on AAA products in a Systems role with multiple shipped titles.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C++ (Visual C++ or Visual .NET recommended).
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Experience with assembler (MIPS, VU Code), scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
- Experience with graphics tools such as Maya, MotionBuilder and Photoshop.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Masters or PhD Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Expertise and experience in a core domain such as rendering, AI, audio, online, user interfaces, multi-processor systems, etc.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Collaborative Attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects and tasks.
- Team-first mentality. No ego, just a commitment to get the best quality into the game.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.