BARK creates products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the humans who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is boundless! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to dogs across the world. We use our customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love, (*ruv) dogs.
Engineering Managers at BARK keep their hands on the code, but spend the majority of their time focused on making their teams work better, including pairing with your team and providing regular code reviews and feedback. As an engineering manager, you will prioritize and plan the work of the team alongside your engineers and product manager. You will actively coach engineers on their day-to-day work and their career aspirations, conduct regular 1:1s for your reports, and evaluate their performance quarterly—setting actionable goals that help them grow in the work and move the team and company forward. You will remove obstacles for the team to unblock their work. This role will require you to recruit and hire great talent for the team by being an evangelist for the organization. In addition, you will help shape the direction of our tech stack to address the evolving needs of the business.
- Experience & Leadership: You are a thoughtful, talented engineer who has good experience facilitating the work of their colleagues and reports. You have some experience managing technical teams and guiding them to success, and you care deeply about the quality of your work and the team’s work.
- Goal Driven: You set clear goals, that are meaningful for your team and are aligned with our customer and business goals, and that the entire team can rally behind.
- Humility: You're humble, self-aware, and always give credit to your team.
- Communication skills: You are a strong, transparent communicator, and have worked in a matrixed product organization, closely-coupled with designers and product managers. You are able to communicate goals clearly to your team and stakeholders.
- Empathy: You’re a respectful and empathetic teammate who is willing to go the extra mile for others, and you care about helping us create a diverse, inclusive workforce where we respect all and practice empathy at every opportunity.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and dogs to pet anytime you wish.
We are obsessed with making dogs, and the people who love them, happy. If this requires giving belly scratches until we get carpal tunnel or listening to squeaky toys until our ears bleed, that’s cool. We are the pups and people behind: • BarkBox, the monthly box of toys and [...]