At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is currently seeking an Enterprise Client Technical Storage Sales Specialist for IBM Enterprise Storage Systems. This position is responsible for the Storage Technical Pre-Sales of IBM Storage Solutions to the Enterprise COMM/CSI Market in the Los Angeles, CA area.
Client Technical Specialists (CTS) are technical consultants to IBM clients, IBM sales teams and IBM Business Partners working together to determine customer requirements, create configurations and proposals, respond to RFP and RFQ's, assist with Proof of Concept testing and follow through on sales post installation. Solid skills and a deep understanding of storage and other data center technologies and how to position winning solutions to customers is required. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, the CTS is responsible for the technical accuracy of the proposed solution. As a client-facing, technical sales professional, you will be guided by IBM's purpose – to be essential to its clients.
We are seeking individuals interested in making an impact in selling IBM's storage portfolio to maintain and grow existing revenue streams and relationships. Strong interpersonal skills are required. You must be self-motivated, driven to win sales opportunities, and ready to interact daily with customers, colleagues, and business partners. Recent experience selling storage systems solutions to area clients would be a plus.
- Use technical and business acumen to understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions
- Deliver effective Proof of Concept (POC), Proof of Technology (POT), and support critical situations
- Actively engage with clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM solutions.
- Apply IBM brand strategies and offerings, methods and models, to ensure world-class design and delivery
- Solid presentation skills and a deep understanding of storage technologies and how to position winning solutions
- Demonstrated level of business acumen as it applies to the client's business
- Skilled in consultative selling, with an understanding of the client's needs and IBM capabilities
- Commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements with the ability to think, plan and act strategically
- Extensive networking and interpersonal skills in complex environments
- Self-starter with eagerness to uncover new sales opportunities and seek to build new skills
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 5 years’ experience in Enterprise Storage Pre-Sales
- At least 5 years’ experience in Enterprise Storage systems including FLASH/OBJECT/SAN/NAS/CLOUD Technology
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT Storage Solutions Sales
- Professional data center experience as a customer
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]