Why do you work out every day? Because you want your body to be strong. You want it to be fit and toned. It’s also healthy for you.
It’s the same way with your mind. When you give your mind a daily workout by stopping defeating thoughts, you grow personally and professionally. You sustain a positive mental outlook and it helps you expand the boundaries of your comfort zone.
As you gain emotional strength, you learn to put trust and faith in yourself and in your abilities. You learn to manage your emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in ways that set the stage for your success.
Emotional strength is one of the most influential motivators of behavior because it reflects how you view your equality to others. When you reach a stage in your life where you’ve built up proper self-confidence, you see the world differently. The world sees you differently. And, you certainly don’t react to everyday situations the same as others.
Simply, you’re stronger and you fear less and the world knows it.
In order to be emotionally strong, you must prevent yourself from getting carried away by frightful or negative thoughts to the point where you can’t see logic. You must deal with challenging tasks one step at a time without getting overcome with intrusive and harmful thoughts. These ten thoughts will help make you emotionally stronger.
I WILL GROW EMOTIONALLY STRONGER BECAUSE...
- When my heart and brain are in combat, I will not fall victim to what my heart tricks me into believing.
- When I face a setback, I will reflect and will use it as a defining moment that leads me to my future success.
- When I am faced with taking a detour in life, I will simply consider it as taking the back road and will enjoy the ride until I get back onto the main highway.
- When I face fear, I will let my faith in myself be greater than my doubt.
- When self-doubt begins to creep into my life, I will remember that if I doubt my abilities, so will everyone else.
- When a person tries to minimize my life and drag me down, I will remember that I will not give them to power to control my thoughts. I will soar instead of sink.
- When the past taunts me, I will focus on the power of now because a new future will give me a new past.
- When I open my mouth to complain, I will remember that negative thoughts breeds negative emotions.
- When I feel overwhelmed, I will remember that it always seems impossible until it’s done.
- When I grow afraid to dip my toe in uncharted waters, I will remember that nothing incredible ever happens by staying in the same spot.
You Might Also Like
Johnston Osburn is a Career and Life Coach who helps people turn dreams into realities. After years as a Global Talent Acquisition Professional, she realized how frequently people limit themselves because they lack belief in their abilities. They are afraid to dream, let alone dream big. [...]