Arcane Update 4.0 introduces a new way to play The Unspoken: Spar Mode!
In Spar Mode, arch-mages battle for points in timed matches. Matches are unranked, so the stakes are lower. It’s a great way for new players to hone their spell casting skills, and a great way for seasoned players to experience a new facet of the Chicagoland underground.
We developed Spar Mode as a direct result of some great feedback from our community. We heard loud and clear that many players want a chance to learn the game in a more forgiving environment. That makes sense, because much of The Unspoken explores new ground—casting spells in VR is a brand-new player experience, and we’re learning the finer points of training a deep Touch game with a high skill cap.
You’ll perfect your technique in a deathless match, without the threat of near-instant obliteration at the hands of an ascendant adversary. You’ll earn points by targeting your opponent—or by targeting Orbs that spawn in the arena. You’ll auto-collect Embers, and you’ll gather Artifacts during the match by breaking Orbs. It’s a modified ruleset, built with the same fun interactions.
We set out to create a mode that’s inviting for players of all skill levels. A mode that helps new players close the skill gap and prepare for the ranked game. And ultimately—we hope!—a mode that gets high-ranked players into Duels faster by drawing from a larger matchmaking pool. We want Spar and Duel to enjoy a beautifully symbiotic relationship.
More modes are on the way in 2017, including the still-secret most requested thing ever. In the meantime, what do you think of Spar Mode? Let us know on our channels. We’re listening! And… Ever Watching!
Full Update Notes
Season 1: The slate is clean; the leaderboard is reset. Ascend the ranks–top players earn rewards at the end of the season.
- Spar Mode: Battle for points in timed matches in this new unranked mode! Master the art of spellcasting with lower stakes and an all-new way to play.
- Midway Pier Arena: Duel for supremacy in a long-vacant amusement park. The concession tents glow once again with electric light.
- Tournament Cloaks: It’s time for The Unspoken Tournament at Microsoft Stores across North America! Celebrate with new crimson tournament cloaks.
- Friends Leaderboard: How do you rank against your Oculus friends? Find out here!
Tuning and Fixes
- Plate Glass: Increased the health of all Plate Glass charge tiers.
- Plate Glass: Reduced the duration of a minimum charged Plate Glass.
- Plate Glass: Reduced size of fully charged Plate Glass.
- Chaos Skull: Added speed boost immediately after being cast.
- Force Bubble: Added new behavior. Enemy spells entering the bubble now stop for the entire shield duration.
- Mass Drop: Added new behavior. All cars now travel to where the player is looking if no car is already there.
- Mass Drop: Added a Cooldown between successive volleys.
- Disc of Blades: Reduced the max speed of both a minimum charge and curved Disc of Blades.
- Disc of Blades: Increased the visibility of Disc of Blades.
- Spectral Cloak: Increased the number of Spectral Crystals formed by a minimum charged cloak.
- Spectral Cloak: Increased cloak health.
- Wild Cards: Reduced projectile speed.
- Spectral Knives: Changed the number of charge states to three.
- Celestial Dome: Increased the health of a minimum charged Celestial Dome.
- Celestial Dome: Reduced the duration of a minimum charged Celestial Dome.
- Vermin: Increased flight speed.
- Shatter Mine: Increased the health for both charge tiers.
- Shatter Mine: Reduced the fuse time for both charge tiers.
- Shatter Mine: Reduced the damage for both charge tiers.
- Infernal Contract: Further reduced the health penalty for signing the contract.
- Aerogramme: Increased the health of each plane.
- Dispelling Censer: Reduced the size of the dispel AOE.
- Dark Tag: Triggering Dark Tag no longer removes the other traps.
- Map Table: Renamed tab headings for clarity.
- Map Table: Added an arena selection context.
- Primal Shields: Increased the recharge delay.
- Primal Shields: Reduced shield damage taken from primals when blocked with shield center.
- Voice Chat: Enabled voice chat by default.
- Progression: Added checks to ensure that unlocked items remain accessible.
***Note: In the rare event that previously unlocked items are locked–and the game defaults to the starter loadout and Anarchist–please immediately force-close the game and reload. You MUST force close (do not exit via the menu) to avoid overwriting your save file. We are currently investigating this bug.
view original article here
You Might Also Like
Sight unseen: advanced imaging will solve the greatest mysteries of the human body
How solar energy useful for environment?
Since 1994, Insomniac Games has created original, blockbuster adventures for all members of the family. With studios in Burbank, California and Durham, North Carolina, Insomniac is best known for conceiving hits such as Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance and Sunset Overdrive. We make [...]