IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM’s market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Must be located in or willing to relocate to Santa Fe, NM
As the leader of a team of business analysts, you will be responsible for practice leadership, people management, and direct client engagement. You will apply your deep experience as a business analyst in healthcare data and analytics and your passion for turning vision into reality as you and the teams you work with implement analytic, business intelligence and enterprise data warehouse solutions for Government Health and Human services agency clients.
Responsibilities include defining and recruiting for a team of business analysts, defining and implementing an effective requirements analysis practice methodology, and applying these methodologies in client engagements to translate requirements into meaningful and detailed specifications for technical teams to then implement. You and your team will ensure that deliverables and functionality are clearly defined and testable with measurable acceptance criteria.
- Accountable for the business analysis practice area, defining best practices and a standard business analysis methodology to be used across projects.
- Provides leadership and direction for business analysts engaged in client-facing projects..
- Determines resource allocations required to meet project demands, adjusts resource plans and resource assignments as needed to adapt to project changes, ensuring staffing levels align with project schedule and budget.
- Makes leadership decisions that are impactful to the project and ensures overall project success.
- Effectively communicates with and develops/maintains excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholder
- Subject matter expert in healthcare care data management best practices, data analytics solutions (data warehousing, modeling, business intelligence solutions) and analytic methods and measures
Successful candidates will possess:
- Demonstrated track record of success in leadership role in the analysis and refinement of business requirements for a government Health and Human Services system implementation
- Proven ability to drive deliverables thru life cycles in a structured environment
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal ability to collaborate with technical teams, delivery managers, project management, client management and customer stakeholders
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 5+ years business analysis leadership experience in large-scale IT solution delivery/implementation for a Health and Human services state government agency (such as Medicaid, MMIS, etc.)
- 5+ years hands-on business analysis roles within both Agile and Waterfall development lifecycles
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Administration, Economics, Information Systems, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics OR related field or equivalent experience required
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Deep subject matter expertise in healthcare data management and analytics
- Knowledge of query, reporting, database, and analytic business intelligence tools
- Masters Degree
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world’s most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]