IBM values your skill and knowledge.
We’ll show you why IBM is a great place for women in STEM.
We’ll welcome you back.
IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented female technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more. This paid 12 week returnship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. During your IBM Tech Re-Entry returnship program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
As a Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for leading a project team in delivering a CAMS (Cloud Application Management Services) and Java/Microsoft based application development solutions to the client, while providing technical guidance, task re-assignment, lead retrospectives and report progress to stakeholders. You are will collaborate closely with the client product managers, business analysts and other stakeholders, to ensure successful delivery.
- Deliver and execute technical delivery project scope, on-time and on-budget;
- Project management in a consulting environment/client facing environment;
- Provide leadership and guidance to hire, coach, motivate, and lead a performance-driven team
of developers to achieve their full potential;
- Work closely with the developers to architect and implement best-in-class technical designs and
- Analyze complex technical architectures alongside architects and product leads to assist in designing well defined documentation;
- Manage sprints and carry out day-to-day product development activities;
- Follow best practices for project management, delivery, testability and productivity;
- Prioritize and multi-task between multiple projects on a daily basis.
- Are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products;
- Thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines;
- Are professional, clear, and concise and and have very strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Have effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Have sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills;
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- In order to qualify for this apprenticeship, you must have been out of the work force for a minimum of 2 years;
- Non-Canadian citizens must hold a US Travel Visa that is valid through Dec 2019 or beyond to be considered for this role;
- Upon acceptance of your offer you are required to attend 3 days orientation in HQ Armonk, NY.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Agile Methodogies: Agile, Scrum, DAD, SAFE and Waterfall methods;
- Experience using JIRA and other project-management tools ( MS Project );
- Experience with technical application delivery of projects in the area’s of either: Application Modernization, Digital transformation, Systems Integration, Custom Development ;
- Previously been in developer role, technical team leader ;
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- 5+ years experience in a SDLC environment with a strong understanding of project management best practices and leading Development teams.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience working on projects using technologies such as:
- WebSphere, JBOSS, WebLogic, Fusion, JAX-WS, REST , HTML 5, AngularJS, nodeJS, J2E/Spring, REST, WSDL, SOAP, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Microservices, noSQL, API, Microservices, Cloud, DevOps, nodeJS, AngularJS, J2EE,.Weblogic;
- DevOps experiences including unit test automation (jUnit), continuous integration with technologies such as Jenkins, Maven and Selenium would be an assets.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]