The Sourcing Project Manager will manage all aspects of NPD and CM program life-cycle and utilize the necessary training, processes and procedures, toolsets, and communication plan to effectively execute across the organization. The successful candidate will act as the focal point for Supply Chain Change Management activities on assigned programs, and will be required to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and affect short-term and long-term business goals. He/She will be accountable for timely execution of projects and will work within a cross-functional team. Interaction with SQE, PMT, Engineering, Planning, Operations and peers within the Sourcing and Procurement community will be paramount. Working across time zones and physical locations will enable the candidate to gain vast experience in a global network, and will challenge the individual to maintain exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
- Execution of Supply Chain NPD and CM programs (Growth, Design, Capacity, Supply).
- Manages the entire project life-cycle; Concept, Development, Pre-launch and Production phases. Plans, directs and coordinates activities to complete assigned projects and ensure projects are completed within prescribed schedule and budget.
- Actively maintains Project Plans with the tool of PWA (Project Web Application) to ensure all stakeholders are informed of program status, risks and issues and performance. Interacts with all stakeholders to maintain a high-level of effective communications and resolve problems and issues as they arise. And make sure related documents are stored in PWA timely.
- Manages and coordinates resource needs as appropriate within Global Ops; Supplier Management, Quality, Production, Engineering, Etc. Assigning work and ensuring that tasks are completed on-time. (Charter review, Component sourcing risk assessment, DFM, RFQ/Supplier selection, DV samples, PV samples, R@R, PPAP, etc.)
- Track and measure performance at each phase of the NPD/CM process. Prepares status reports.
- Align with all applicable functional and quality policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical or Business major.
- 2-5 years project management experience required, 5+ years preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in material procurement strongly preferred.
- Proven collaboration & project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be results-oriented and have a bias for action.
- Must be a team player and able to build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Must be organized and metric driven.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Automotive industry experience desired.
- Travel disposition – 10% of the time
- Experience in MS Project is a plus
- Proficient in using MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Oracle ERP system.
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
Our Vision is to be:
- A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and electrical protection
- Satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment
- A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.