About Us: The financial world is at a crossroads between the old brick and mortar institutions and a new digital frontier. We at Personal Capital are looking to disrupt this industry, bringing to everyone the kind of wealth management and advice only the wealthiest could previously afford. As a startup we don't have the constraint of a storied past. This allows us to push the limits of our brand with technology. In fact, it's the technology-first mentality that has afforded us the ability to create our award-winning web and mobile applications.
There's a reason we continue to shatter our goals month-to-month -- great minds, great ideas, and great execution. We're not even close to finished and that's why we're looking for people who want to build what others only dream of.
We've got a grand vision for the financial world. We want to simplify finance to put it at everyone's fingertips. We want to cast aside the cold, boring suit and tie mentality and enable people to finally achieve financial freedom.
For more information on Personal Capital, please visit personalcapital.com.
Description: Product managers are leaders and innovators who work across multiple functional groups to define and deliver new products and features, as well as identify opportunities to improve existing products. A good product manager is a leader and an influencer, driving teams to deliver great products that meet customer needs and exceed customer expectations, on time and with great quality.
Personal Capital is looking for a senior product manager to drive major offering initiatives. This person will own significant portions of the Onboarding and Engagement roadmap and be responsible for defining, and delivering the product vision. This position is primarily based out of our San Carlos office and occasional travel to Denver.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties: The Senior Product Manager will own the end-to-end customer experience for Personal Capital’s in-product and outbound digital wealth engagement efforts as well help the team define the overall personal finance software user experience.
- Work with internal and external customers to identify product improvements and new product features
- Frame problems to explain why improvements are needed, and how it fits into the business strategy
- Define key metrics to measure feature success or failure
- Create wireframes and requirements to explain the scope and nature of the work to be done
- Use research, direct customer observation, user feedback, and analytics to identify and improve our user funnel
- Work with the marketing and data teams to create product messaging for the purpose of customer education and re-engagement.
- Build emails and push notifications to test messaging on segments of users
- Partner with PM, data, design, engineering, support and marketing to accomplish growth goals.
- Align the goals of development teams to ensure streamlined execution
- Support product development by prioritizing bugs, acting as a subject matter expert, managing the product backlog, and planning upcoming sprints
- Work effectively with QA and be accountable for successful project delivery per the project objectives, scope, timeline
- Help manage requirements throughout the project lifecycle - including defect and issue tracking
- Responsible for communicating weekly status updates to internal project team, and executive stakeholders
- Play an active role in identifying and mitigating risk throughout the project
Experience, Education and Training:
- 4+ years of experience in product management working on mobile offerings that are direct to consumer.
- Product Marketing Experience a plus
- Track record of owning and executing across the entire product lifecycle and end-to-end customer experience
- Familiarity with investing, solid understanding of mutual funds, ETF’s, asset allocation, investment performance and tracking portfolios.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development on products that release weekly
- Experience developing hypotheses, gathering feedback and A/B testing them when appropriate.
- Able to develop, communicate, and execute on a product vision
- BS/BA in Computer Science/Engineering a plus
- Verbal and written communication skills are critical. Must be able to organize and present thoughts clearly and concisely