Every third second a new review is posted on Trustpilot for one of the thousands of businesses that count on Trustpilot for honest, authentic customer reviews and feedback. It’s no exaggeration to say that we’re growing at lightning speed. Named to Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies and ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing businesses, we have ambitious plans and are looking for a Senior Communications Manager that can help us take the next step in building a global leading brand through proactive communications.
As Senior Communications Manager in the U.S. you will be making critical recommendations and decisions concerning our communications and earned media strategy in our biggest and fastest-growing market. As a digital business that helps companies grow their brand, we’re looking for a person that is deeply rooted and passionate about PR and appreciates the importance and value of trust and transparency. We work with both consumers and businesses; the ideal candidate will have experience and be comfortable handling B2C and B2B communications.
You will be based in our Flatiron office in New York City and report to Trustpilot’s Director of Advertising and Communications – North America. The Senior Comms Manager – U.S. will be responsible for a wide range of tasks at the strategic, tactical and operational levels. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically about the “big picture” while still being able and willing to roll up his or her sleeves to execute on the day-to-day, tactical items.
- Manage media relationships in the U.S., including inbound media inquiries and issues management
- Work in tandem with the Director of Advertising and Communications to strategize and execute an earned media plan, including identifying relevant PR stories and angles, phone and email pitching, press releases, Q&As, fact sheets and talk tracks.
- Function as an advisor on U.S. media relations for the executive team and prepare spokespersons to meet/interview with reporters and editors
- Develop and execute vertical campaigns in collaboration with our Marketing and Demand Generation teams
- Assist in organic social media efforts on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Assist with advertising as needed and as directed by the Director of Ad and Comms – North America
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of PR experience, preferably at a public relations or integrated marketing agency; experience on the client/brand side a plus but not necessary
- Proven track record of securing proactive media placements around key strategic brand themes (you may be asked to provide a clip/coverage book)
- Strong consumer media experience and trade/B2B experience
- Experience in implementing PR strategies, handling press inquiries, and creating media outreach materials
- Ability to write strong pitches, press releases, Q&As, fact sheets, contributed/bylined articles, and more
- Solid media relations and deep understanding of how the media works
- Experience in working with Social Media and a passion for embracing the opportunities
- Ability to work independently with a hands-on approach while prioritizing multiple projects
- Think and move fast while being a team player
- Bachelor’s degree in communications and/or journalism; Master’s degree preferred
- Willingness to take a writing test/submit writing samples
What We Offer
We’re still building our brand so this is a real opportunity for someone who wants to transform and continually reinvent our communications efforts as we build the world's leading review platform. We offer an exciting and empowering opportunity given the right candidate:
- The opportunity to be a key player in an exciting growth journey
- An international, fast-paced, vibrant and diverse working environment
- Competitive salary package, bonus scheme and stock options
- Lots of perks including snacks, drinks, social events and much more
About the Communications and Brand Team
As the Senior Communications Manager U.S. you’ll become a part of the Communications and Brand Team consisting of 11 people based in three locations: Copenhagen, New York and London. We’re a young and small team with a flat structure that work closely together in an informal manner all eager to succeed and learn - and we help each other grow and reach that next step in our careers.
Trustpilot is a leading independent review platform, free and open to all companies and consumers. With more than 58 million reviews of over 265,000 domains, Trustpilot gives people a place to share and discover reviews of companies, and enables every company to turn consumer feedback into business results. Trustpilot’s mission is to bring people and companies closer together to create ever-improving experiences for everyone. Its brand is seen more than 3.5 billion times online each month. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius, Trustpilot's 700 employees represent more than 40 different nationalities. For more information, visit https://www.trustpilot.com/
Trustpilot is an online review-driven community and platform that builds relationships between consumers and businesses. Launched in 2007, the company has developed strong positions in Europe and the US, and is now entering other parts of the globe. Trustpilot enables e-commerce businesses to [...]