The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are the IBM CIO Network engineering team and we are looking for an experienced SD-WAN architect to support the IBM internal network. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with a small team of IBM architects architecting and designing a software defined WAN solution for interconnecting IBM’s locations globally, collaborating with deployment engineers who will manage the site deployments, addressing systemic or repeating operational issues with the operations teams, and optimizing the WAN with new capabilities. Our team collectively works to maintain network stability, security, and visibility to ensure that Industry best practices and SLA’s are achieved, and to allow our organization to meet its mission objectives.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Define and refine WAN architecture standards that address the requirements to support IBM’s requirements.
- Partner with service providers and network hardware/software vendors to define solution configurations that leverage latest capabilities and provide stable and reliable operations.
- Define and implement service standards and practices that align IT services with the needs of the business. Define and monitor adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLA) and industry best practices.
- Create, maintain, implement, and test appropriate contingency plans.
- Define key management reports required to validate global compliance with architecture, operations, and security standards, and identify automated ways of producing these reports.
- Collaborate with other network architects to provide integrated network solutions for IBM that incorporate wireless and wired access, data center and hybrid cloud connectivity, remote access, and network security. Identify and evaluate the integration of new technologies for the SD-WAN including additional automation to respond to shifting demand, dynamic reconfiguration to address security threats, and analysis of traffic patterns to predict future needs.
- Identify reoccurring incidents and find solutions by leading support groups through root cause analysis sessions, major incident review, trending, elimination of known errors, problem ticket follows through, etc.
- Collaborate with other squads within the CIO organization on services and applications integration and optimization, advising on optimal use of SD-WAN resources to meet customer needs.
- Troubleshoot complex network performance issues with other network engineers to identify root cause and recommend solutions.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 3 years of WAN architecture and design experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Network architecture, design, or operations experience.
- Detailed knowledge of WAN technologies including BGP and other routing protocols, MPLS, tunneling, QoS, and SD-WAN technology
- Understanding of core Network technologies (Routing, Switching, Firewalls, etc.)
- Network automation experience using programming tools (e.g. Python, Ansible)
- Experience troubleshooting complex network issues and designing solutions to simplify and better instrument solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers and vendors.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Very strong critical and analytical thinking and research skills.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience in designing and deploying SD-WAN solutions.
- Strong understanding and experience in troubleshooting methodologies.
- Very strong collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to create and foster a collaborative work. In depth strong facilitation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with analysis tools for Netflow, syslog, route tables, and other network telemetry
- Network certifications sucjhas CCIE, CCDP, JNCIE, etc.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]