QA Managers are the quality owners for a franchise, product and/or services. They are accountable for the end-to-end quality of the entire product. We’re looking for candidates with experience in managing high performance operations teams and leading large-scale projects, with high energy, dedication, and a passion for technology.
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
Experience in Operations:
- Collaborate with stakeholders/partners to improve overall quality by emphasizing quality verification throughout the development lifecycle.
- Improving the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the quality verification strategy by understanding current practices and introducing new strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal/external partners/stakeholders.
- Partnering with external shared service teams to deliver on project requirements.
- Managing external QA teams.
- Provides line management to employees across disciplines within a single project team.
- Maintains regular communication with project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners.
- Establishing and assigning task objectives from defined project goals; achieving project deliverables through managing team at a project-level.
- Proactively assessing and mitigating risk for assigned scope.
- Partnering with stakeholders to manage scope and quality.
- Making decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and directing the team accordingly.
- Providing input to project budget and budget planning process; adhering to and tracking budget.
You should also have:
- Strong people management skills; ability to challenge and develop talent.
- Understanding of project management methodology; can model systems and reports using Excel, Project, Word, VISIO and other EAC standard tools.
- Experience managing a project including establishing project plan and project budget, determining task dependencies, assigning tasks and implementing operational changes.
- You are capable of identifying/mitigating risks; taking appropriate steps to resolve difficulties including changes to work methods, technologies and project schedules.
- You take ownership and see projects through despite obstacles and difficult circumstances, demonstrating a sense of dependability and commitment.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, recognizing and balancing priorities and identifying new methods to deal with issues.
- You learn quickly and applies new concepts, principles and procedures to maintain solution-oriented approach while dealing with change and you deal with ambiguity by asking questions or championing solutions.
- Minimum of 5+ years project management or team leadership experience.
- Education requirement University degree bachelor’s or equivalent professional experience.
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Game development experience (especially full cycle experience on shipped titles).
- Familiarity with EA’s sports products.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Project management certifications or training.
- Understanding of Big data systems and pipelines.
- Understanding of server infrastructure and testing, alongside assessing security risks and using data to identify fraud/illegitimate users would be ideal.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.