Front End Engineer
About Us: Personal Capital is the next generation financial advisor. Designed around and customized for individuals, Personal Capital is on the leading edge of a rapidly changing financial services industry. And we have a grand vision for it. We want to simplify it and put it at everyone's fingertips. We want to cast aside the cold, boring suit and tie mentality of finance and enable people to finally achieve financial freedom. For more information on Personal Capital, please visit www.personalcapital.com.
The Opportunity: You will work on concepts that will amaze you, work with a team that will inspire you, and help create products that truly add value to our users. Personal Capital’s WebUI team is agile and small, our data is rich and large, and this is your chance to be a member of this team and see your work make a significant impact not only on Personal Capital but also on the financial lives of our users.
The Candidate: You need to be a thinker and a doer. You need to be smart and build smart products. You need to be a perfectionist and really care for a great user experience. You need to be a tester and always experiment with different concepts. You need to be ambitious: This is not an easy job. You will need to wear multiple hats, work with many unknowns, travel many unpaved roads to tackle large-scale problems. But it will be one of your finest work and creations, and an amazing engineering team is there to collaborate with you and support you.
The Work: As a web engineer you will work on building modular, reusable front-end components. Implement new features and optimize existing ones from controller-level to UI.
Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, Product, UX designers, and Back-end engineers.
Constantly measure, learn and optimize features to drive user delight, engagement and conversion.
Participate in design and code reviews to ensure code quality and share knowledge.
Rapidly participate in technical innovations and solving problems.
- At least 3+ years of experience
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web application interfaces.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components.
- Strong command of web standards, responsive design, cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Working Knowledge of client-side visualization libraries (raphael, D3 etc).
- Passion for web security, performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Experience with A/B testing and optimization is a plus.
- Do it all attitude!
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in Computer Science or related field.