We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that.
The Role: Technical Interface Designer
The Technical Interface Designer (TID) bridges the gap between artists and software engineers by combining strong artistic skills and extensive experience with programming and scripting. The TID is part of the art team and works closely with artists, project managers, programmers and other TIDs.
- Create and debug broadcast overlays (HUD) based on provided mockups and video references
- Script and time animations in Flash
- Apply proper art optimization techniques
- Motiondemo creation based on artist or production design
- High fidelity rapid prototyping for UX evaluation
- Investigate new techniques and implement them within the team; staying up-to-date on changes in technology, in terms of hardware, art packages, and new asset creation techniques
- Design, implement and deploy tools to improve art and animation workflow
- Responsible for maintaining and creating naming conventions, art repository, tools, and scripts for the art team.
- Adept in scripting and other Object Oriented programming languages
- Proficient with Flash, Photoshop, and other graphics and animation applications
- Excellent problem solving skills: a successful candidate must be able to quickly identify and debug issues
- Ability to communicate clearly with both engineering and art, articulating both the needs of the art team and the constraints of tech
- Willingness to learn proprietary production pipelines and workflows
- Must be able to document all tools on the internal wiki and support artists on the use of new tools.
Other Preferred Skills/Qualifications:
- Understanding of user experience principles
- Understanding of revision version control software. Knowledge of Perforce is ideal
- Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject highly desired.
Please note that we are not looking for 3D artists at this time.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.