There is no single type of person whom we employ at the FT; our strength is in our employees, from all different backgrounds, united by a passion for delivering compelling, smart journalism.
Visit the FT Careers site for more information on our esteemed Editorial and Technology Graduate Schemes, Benefits, Learning & Development, and Life at the FT.
Brief summary of role: This role is responsible for protecting and growing revenue through the sale of products and services to prospects and existing customers across the globe. This will be achieved by converting inbound leads into new sales, up-selling or saving customers who wish to cancel by understanding their needs and convincing them to remain as customers by re-selling the value of our products and services. In addition, you will be responsible for contributing to an increase in retention rates and minimise revenue loss by handling outbound payment recovery campaigns. You will ensure that every customer / interaction leaves a professional impression of our company through the provision of a high level of customer service and a great customer experience. In this role you’ll be expected to:
- Categorize cases in all queues depending with the urgency
- Load all campaigns as required every start of week
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are consistently met
- Manage customer's expectations and provide a seamless customer experience
- Exhibit Financial Times Customer Service core values and principles
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly and annual sales targets
- Maintain and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of our products, content and solutions
- Master the product and solution to become an expert in order to be able to highlight features and benefits that will match the customer’s needs. Be able to confidently and clearly articulate our value proposition.
- Be able to handle and respond to new sales leads and retention opportunities efficiently and effectively via multiple channels such as email, voice and web chat
- Record all interactions and outcomes on our CRM system and adhere to appropriate policies and procedures such as PCI compliance
- Report regularly to your Team Leader on all activities relating to the role
- Participate in and perform special tasks and projects that may be assigned.
You'll bring to the role:Essential
- At least 2 years experience in Sales. Acquisition, Customer Retention or Customer Service with Up-sell and Cross -Sell metrics
- High standard of oral and written communication in English
- Ability to confidently engage with customers and prospects over the phone
- Effective listening skills
- Ability to demonstrate good empathy skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage own workload
- Pro-active approach to process improvement
- Strong probing and objection handling skills
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Experience in handling credit card or processing orders using credit cards.
- Exposure and good understanding of Customer Engagement and Consultative Selling.
- Have drive, passion and an enthusiasm to become part of an exciting team delivering solutions to our growing subscriber customer base.
- Amenable to work on a shifting schedule
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. Providing essential news, comment, data and analysis for the global business community, we have 2,200 employees spread over 4 main offices and 35 [...]