- The Flight Schedule Coordinator reports directly to the Manager of Flight Scheduling.
- The incumbent is responsible to the base Manager of Flight Operations and the base Manager of Aircraft Maintenance for coordinating trip requests.
- Schedule and coordinate use of PepsiCo aircraft and crews to support high priority travel for Company executives
- Assist requesters with trip planning to make efficient use of time and resources
- Flight-follow aircraft and coordinate changes in the itinerary or passenger manifest with the crew and others, as required
- Record completed flight activity in the computer scheduling program
- Provide on-call scheduling support when assigned to stand-by duty during non-business hours, weekends, and holidays
- Answers the scheduling phone line and responds to requests for use of PepsiCo aircraft.
- Records and updates all available information regarding a trip request in the computer scheduling system.
- Notifies the Manager of Flight Scheduling, the base Manager of Flight Operations, and the Director of Aviation of all requests for international travel, non-business (personal) travel, or potential use of charter aircraft.
- Coordinates with the base Manager of Maintenance to provide an aircraft that is suitable for the intended trip.
- Coordinates with the base Manager of Flight Operations to provide crewmembers for the intended trip.
- If the request conflicts with another request, refers to the PepsiCo Aircraft Users Prioritization and Authorization Listing to determine which trip can be supported.
- If Aviation resources are not available to support a trip, works with the requester to explore alternative dates and/or times, or to determine if charter service is a suitable option. If requested, gets charter quotes and assists with booking.
- When a trip is confirmed, works with the requester and/or passengers to finalize the itinerary, passenger list, catering and other service requests
- Ensures that passengers have current passports, visas, and other personal documents required for international travel
- Arranges landing and departure slots at required airports
- Time permitting, may arrange hotel reservations, ground transportation, and/or airline reservations for PepsiCo employees
- Posts the aircraft and crew schedule and updates it as soon as changes become known
- Conducts pre-departure briefing for crewmembers and ensures they have a current package of trip documents
- Conducts flight following of PepsiCo aircraft and informs others of the aircraft position and status
- Coordinates enroute changes in the itinerary and passenger manifest. Determines how changes may affect other scheduled events and notify the appropriate managers
- Tracks the weather daily as it relates to the flight schedule
- Formulates contingency plans for mechanical and weather delays
- 18. Records completed trip information in the computer scheduling system and generates reports for distribution and required files
- 19. Assists in preparing reports of division use for management summaries and period charge backs.
- 20. Provides ongoing liaison with executive assistants regarding daily flight activity, as well as policies and limitations of aircraft and crews that could affect service
Desired Qualifications (for someone who is the right fit, there is flexibility):
- Two years of aircraft scheduling/dispatch experience
- Two years experience of direct interaction with travel coordinators – preferably dealing with top-level executives
- Two years experience using a computer flight scheduling and records-keeping system, demonstrating a thorough understanding of its use
- Experience with international trip planning (desired)
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the PepsiCo Aviation Department Policies and Procedures Manual, CFRs, and other regulations applicable to the aviation environment
- Proficiency in people skills when interacting with others, both inside and outside the department
- Ability to communicate well with others—both conversationally, and in writing
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo is a leading global food and beverage company. Go just about anywhere and you'll find us. Our products are available in more than 200 countries and territories around the world and our portfolio includes 22 brands that each generates more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. At [...]