Job Posting Title: Application/Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer
RSA creates a wide range of industry-leading products that allow customers to take control of risk. Whether those risks stem from external cyber threats, identity and access management challenges, online fraud, compliance pressure or any number of other business and technology issues.
The RSA NetWitness® Platform, our industry-leading threat detection and response platform, leverages logs, packets, endpoints and cyber threat intelligence, in addition to machine learning and security analytics technologies, to speed detection of the most advanced and elusive threats, uncover the full scope of a compromise, and help automate incident response.
Our RSA SecurID® Suite is a comprehensive identity and access management solution that delivers capabilities for authentication, access management, risk analytics, identity governance and user lifecycle management, and it supports cloud-based and on-premises systems.
RSA Archer is our best-of-breed integrated risk management solution, empowering public- and private-sector enterprises to manage multiple dimensions of risk using industry standards, best practices, and a single, configurable, integrated software platform.
With fraud detection rates up to 95 percent, the RSA Fraud & Risk Intelligence Suite protects over 8,000 global customers and has prevented over $8B in fraud losses. 60 billion transactions -- over 6% of the entire global e-commerce card spend -- were protected with Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce and over 1 million cybersecurity attacks were thwarted!
As a new supporting role for the global 24/7 SaaS Operations group that supports the full suite of RSA products, it is an opportunity for a seasoned engineer to develop, integrate and support solutions that will have a significant impact on the business.
The successful candidate will have a chance to work in a dynamic environment across many product lines and administer technical solutions in the cloud and hosted data centers. The successful candidate will work closely with Engineering, DevOps, Infrastructure, DBA, Application Support, Security Operations and NOC, ensuring that monitoring tools meet the needs of the business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate, develop, maintain and support monitoring tools across all environments
- Develop and maintain infrastructure and APM monitoring suites
- Integrate monitoring tools with 3rd party service solutions e.g. ticketing, CMDB, BI tools etc.
- Develop and maintain external synthetic monitoring and RUM
- Provide technical expertise to support interpretation of data captured by monitoring solutions with the goal of reducing the time to RCA
- Define and document policies and processes that ensure that all applications, systems and devices are monitored
- Engage proactively with cross-functional stakeholders ensuring all business needs are met
- Generate internal and customer facing dashboards and reports required by each RSA product support team
- Ensure that NOC has escalation processes for all monitoring points
- Upgrade and patch monitoring tools minimizing technical debt within environment
- Support activities that ensure that monitoring infrastructure meets all security and compliance requirements
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experienced with Dynatrace/DataDog (or equivalent) for root cause analysis of performance issues, capacity, reliability, and scalability
- Experience with monitoring Linux, Windows, virtualization stacks, databases, storage and networking devices
- Experience with Infrastructure Monitoring (Solarwinds preferred)
- Experience with additional Open Source monitoring tools preferred (Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, Hobbit etc.)
- Experience with web servers and application stacks (Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, Apache)
- Scripting skills (e.g., Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Experience integrating monitoring solutions with Azure/AWS (Flow Logs, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, GuardDuty etc)
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure in a rapid paced, customer facing, 24/7 production environment
- Support inventory and asset management applications for cloud, data centers and office locations
- Proven successful project management skills and technical leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a global team and strong work ethic
- 3+ years’ experience with monitoring applications and infrastructure stacks
- Experience with AWS/Azure and traditional datacenters required
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and tuning preferred
- Good understanding of PCI-DSS and/or working with sensitive data preferred
- 24/7 Operations experience preferred
- BS in CS, IT, or related field or equivalent work experience
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
" LI Priority "Job Family: RSA Engineering Job ID: R67276