We seek out people and clients who challenge themselves to be exceptional - and champion that spirit in others. We’re guided by our True North, our unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by our clients, people and communities.
We define a bold ambition with clients, then work together as one team to create such high levels of value that we set new standards of excellence for our industries.
Passion & Commitment
We have a passion for results aligned with our clients’ success, and a commitment to the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards in everything we do.
Honesty & Openness
We have a deep intellectual honesty, and the candor to tell it like it is in straightforward language. We remain open to the possibility that our current beliefs could be wrong.
We combine bold thinking with a practical approach that focuses on getting the job done, turning decisions into action and delivering results.
We work as one global team—both with each other and our clients—to direct our collective energy toward achieving the extraordinary.
We are raising the bar on how we think about long-term careers. We want to ensure that, at Bain we are bringing together a true diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills to ensure that every individual can truly thrive in their career. To us, thriving is more than just day-to-day success on the job; it is about enabling our people to grow and flourish in both their professional and personal lives.
Some ways in which we help our people thrive in their careers:
• We are working to embed Diversity and Inclusion into the day-to-day culture and norms across our entire business, with real investment of leadership, staff and resources to D&I. We have dozens of staff focused solely on recruiting and retention of diverse employees, as well as on developing the broader unconscious bias and inclusion initiatives that drive collective behavior change across our entire firm.
• We are investing behind formal affinity groups at the global, regional and office-level with leadership responsible for personalizing initiatives to each diverse employee
• For example, our Global Women’s Leadership Council (GWLC) ensures we develop and embed our efforts to stay at the forefront of gender diversity in our firm. The GWLC spearheads external research on gender parity that we apply internally to our operations. The GWLC drives industry leading women’s initiatives, including Sponsorship.
• Our efforts around culture and training - both formal and on the job - ensure that we have the norms and behaviors that enable every individual to thrive as their authentic self.
We offer a variety of core and voluntary benefit plans including:
• Industry-leading benefits packages for all employees (including transgender benefits)
• 8 weeks of paid parental leave (birth or adoption) and an additional 8 weeks of paid childbirth disability leave for birth mothers
• Family planning benefits (egg freezing, surrogacy reimbursement and adoption assistance)
• Paid foster care leave
• Flexible working models
• Tuition Assistance
• Employee wellbeing program
All of these components combined with a friendly and supportive environment make Bain and Company a great place to work. The benefits detailed here reflect U.S. benefits. We also provide leading benefits outside the U.S.
As a consulting firm, our teams – and the individuals that make them up - are our strongest asset. Extraordinary teams require diverse skillsets, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, as well as an inclusive culture where diversity is sought out and celebrated.
We bring together deep thinkers, connectors, disruptors and champions to solve the world’s most complex problems using their different perspectives and expertise.
Development is more than a company policy; it’s the cornerstone of our culture. You will be surrounded by teams that challenge you, colleagues who support you and mentors who inspire you to become the best version of you – both professionally and personally.
In addition to driving results with our corporate clients, we partner with innovative and effective social impact organizations to address pressing social issues. We team up with organizations who have pioneered and scaled models of change that work, and provide them with strategic support to meet their full potential. This is why we made a commitment in 2015 to invest $1 billion in pro bono consulting work over 10 years.
Our social impact work focuses on two critical goals: improving the futures of underserved children and youth, and fostering inclusive and sustainable economic growth. Learn more about our focus areas, partnerships, and how our people take action in our Social Impact Report.
We are proud to lead the industry as a 100% Carbon Neutral Company since 2012, offsetting all our emissions, including travel.