Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 65 cities in 40 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. We earned a platinum rating from EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, putting us in the top 1% of all companies. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
We champion the bold to achieve the extraordinary.
We seek out people and clients who challenge themselves to be exceptional - and champion that spirit in others.
We define a bold ambition with clients, then work together as one team to create such high levels of value that we set new standards of excellence for our industries.
At Bain, we’re deeply committed to living our mission and performing to our full potential. Our operating principles weave together our values so we can meet that commitment, together.
Guided by True North.
We do the right thing, always. We are open, honest, and direct.
Passion for results.
We are driven by a bold ambition to create extraordinary impact for our clients, teams, and communities.
Practical and at Cause.
We take on challenges proactively, bring fresh perspectives to find solutions, and collaborate to overcome any obstacle.
Diverse Teams, One Bain.
We believe diverse and inclusive teams are our strength and together we accomplish more than we can alone.
A Bainie Never Lets Another Bainie Fail.
We care for each other’s wellbeing. We trust and support each other in the spirit that another’s success is our success.
We are raising the bar on how we think about long-term careers. We want to ensure that, at Bain we are bringing together a true diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills to ensure that every individual can truly thrive in their career. To us, thriving is more than just day-to-day success on the job; it is about enabling our people to grow and flourish in both their professional and personal lives.
Some ways in which we help our people thrive in their careers:
• We are working to embed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into the day-to-day culture and norms across our entire business, with real investment of leadership, staff and resources to DEI. We have dozens of staff focused solely on recruiting and retention of diverse employees, as well as on developing the broader unconscious bias and inclusion initiatives that drive collective behavior change across our entire firm.
• We are investing behind formal affinity groups at the global, regional and office-level with leadership responsible for personalizing initiatives to each diverse employee
• For example, our Global Women’s Leadership Council (GWLC) ensures we develop and embed our efforts to stay at the forefront of gender diversity in our firm. The GWLC spearheads external research on gender parity that we apply internally to our operations. The GWLC drives industry leading women’s initiatives, including Sponsorship.
• Our efforts around culture and training - both formal and on the job - ensure that we have the norms and behaviors that enable every individual to thrive as their authentic self.
We offer a variety of core and voluntary benefit plans including:
• Industry-leading benefits packages for all employees (including transgender benefits)
• Bain provides eligible employees 21 weeks of paid parental leave with the option to extend up to 26 weeks with vacation. This benefit applies to birth, non-birth, and adoptive parents
• Family planning benefits (egg freezing, surrogacy reimbursement and adoption assistance)
• Paid foster care leave
• Flexible working models
• Tuition Assistance
• Employee wellbeing program
All of these components combined with a friendly and supportive environment make Bain and Company a great place to work. The benefits detailed here reflect U.S. benefits. We also provide leading benefits outside the U.S.
As a consulting firm, our teams – and the individuals that make them up - are our strongest asset. Extraordinary teams require diverse skillsets, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, as well as an inclusive culture where diversity is sought out and celebrated.
We bring together deep thinkers, connectors, disruptors and champions to solve the world’s most complex problems using their different perspectives and expertise.
Development is more than a company policy; it’s the cornerstone of our culture. You will be surrounded by teams that challenge you, colleagues who support you and mentors who inspire you to become the best version of you – both professionally and personally.
We are creating a more sustainable, equitable and inclusive world through FurtherSM, our integrated suite of ESG capabilities that brings together the full force of our talent, energy and expertise. Today 2,500+ Bain team members are actively involved in this work.
With our Clients
ESG is a mission critical priority for our firm and business is growing fast. Each day, Bain is working on hundreds of ESG cases globally. Our ambition is to embed ESG into everything we do.
We believe in leading by example, so sustainability is deeply embedded into our business. Bain is the first consulting firm to achieve net negative carbon status – meaning we remove more carbon from the atmosphere than we emit. We set Science-Based Targets, in line with the 1.5oC path, to reduce our scope 1 and 2 emissions by 30% by 2026. We have also embedded diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) deeply in our firm and publish an annual DEI report that shares data on representation parity at all levels of our firm.
In our Communities
We made a $1.1B commitment to pro bono consulting over ten years. Through this commitment, we invest in work to develop and scale solutions to the world’s toughest challenges. Our pro bono work focuses in four areas: Environment, Economic Development, Racial Equity & Social Justice, and Education.