WhyI'mGlad#BrangelinaisOver

Courtney Dercqu
Courtney Dercqu Content Marketing Strategist & Writer
almost 3 years Story
Why I'm Glad #Brangelina is Over

When the earth-shattering news of Hollywood's golden couple, Brangelina announced they were getting divorced, no one found it more amusing than me whose been riding the #TeamJen wagon for over a decade.

Everyone's first thought at the news of Brad Pitt getting dumped found a twisted karmic justice for Jennifer Aniston. While Brad was off getting married, and adopting 1638374 kids, we watched Jen being alone, and we wanted nothing more than her to find love and settle down (even though she wrote a kick-ass letter as to why she shouldn't have to). Brad Pitt was kind of like our best friend's ex, who we secretly kind of hated and wanted him to feel the kind of heartbreak our friend did.

So while everyone made their jokes on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, news reports of child abuse allegations surfaced and suddenly, it wasn't funny anymore.

While the exact details are yet to be released, sources say that, "Pitt was drunk, and there was an argument between him and Angelina," nothing that one of the couple's older children, "then got caught in the middle, literally. He stepped in front of Brad. There was a parent-child argument which was not handled in the right way and escalated more than it should have."

I'm all for believing that mistakes happen, but child abuse? Drunk or not, it's wrong either way, and I applaud Angelina for doing what's best - not for just herself - but for her children. When it comes to abuse, it can be so easy to make excuses for the behavior - especially when you've been with someone for over a decade and know it's not their typical behavior. This unfortunate incident, I hope, inspires other mothers or caretakers, to do the right thing, even when it's not the easiest thing to do.

Do you think that Brad and Angelina will eventually get back together? Do you believe the child abuse allegations? If you were Angelina, would you take him back?

• Karen Garrison 57
    almost 3 years ago

I answered as soon as I read the article and read two comments-what happened to my comment?

• Karen Garrison 57

• spiritbody
    almost 3 years ago

As I see it, Angelina is vindictive and not serving the best interests of her children by blackening the reputation of their father. From what Brad says and from the official report, no harm was done to his son in what appears too have been, sadly, a fairly normal father-son interaction. If you look at who Angelina was before she was sainted, it's very clear that she has always been unstable. She has worked very hard to rehabilitate her image with all her 'good works' but I do believe that it has all been strategy. Clearly she could have handled the divorce quietly so as not to harm the children but it's too late now...And she's certainly wrought her revenge on Brad by obliterating his good name with all of this worldwide media attention.

• wendy10
    almost 3 years ago

I think Angelina is the asshole myself. She's bored with Brad and wants to move on. Whether there was child abuse or she is exaggerating, she knows she will win with this allegation. Drunk people shouldn't be around their kids ever anyway... so divorce him for being a drunk. I hate the way Angelina has to overdramatize everything and how everyone applauds it.... Like having all her sex organs removed. No wonder Brad is frustrated. I think she is a selfish self absorbed bitch and I wouldn't have her in my life.... talk about Bi Polar!!!!

• Karen Garrison 57
      almost 3 years ago

I'm not thrilled with her either, but she had her breasts removed, not her vulva and vagina. On the other hand, if he *is* a drunk ( if) that always means divorce as far as you see it? I don't agree!

• wendy10
        almost 3 years ago

I didn't say to divorce him because he was a drunk but my implication is that a father drunk in front of his children is a form of abuse in itself......

• Willa Chen
    Willa Chen President of HCHS Mogul Hub
    almost 3 years ago NYC, NY, United States

I personally don't know much about what really happened, but if there was abuse and irresponsibility and other problems, I'm glad steps are being taken in reaction to them. But bringing Jennifer Aniston into the equation is unnecessary. So is turning the divorce into something to vote and pick sides on - maybe just let the two peoole deal with their own relationship fallout without making so many speculations and comments. I understand that it's gossip but personally I don't see any need to dissect other people's business, especially since this divorce is already so highly publicized.

• Karen Garrison 57

I agree wholeheartedly.

I agree wholeheartedly.

• Courtney Dercqu
        Courtney Dercqu Content Marketing Strategist & Writer
        almost 3 years ago

A new video surfaced of that fateful plane ride. Have you taken a look at it yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

• Courtney Dercqu
      Courtney Dercqu Content Marketing Strategist & Writer
      almost 3 years ago

Hey! While I agree with you, the truth is that gossip will always be there especially with a well known couple such as Brangelina. While sad, bringing awareness to getting out of a relationship due to abuse is something others will definitely benefit from, especially if they're suffering in silence or too scared to do so. Every experience has a lesson in it that can help others.

• Willa Chen
        Willa Chen President of HCHS Mogul Hub
        almost 3 years ago NYC, NY, United States

I didn't read your article as thoroughly as I thought before commenting - I thought it was focused on the wrong thing, but I can see how it's meant to spread awareness.

• Courtney Dercqu
          Courtney Dercqu Content Marketing Strategist & Writer
          almost 3 years ago

Aw, thanks! I appreciate you taking another look :)

Aw, thanks! I appreciate you taking another look :)

• Donna Dawkins
    almost 3 years ago Houston,Tx..employed Pearland,Tx

I knew the kids had to be his problem..as kids become teens..harder to deal with..also nobody probably likes what was done to Jennifer Aniston..Angie stole Jens husband

• Courtney Dercqu
      Courtney Dercqu Content Marketing Strategist & Writer
      almost 3 years ago

They were a lot of people who were very upset over the way these two got together, so when they announced their divorce, people immediately felt justice over what was done to Jennifer Aniston. Even though kids become more difficult to deal with as they get older, abuse is never the answer. However, I have to wonder if he lashed out his anger because the child was not biologically his? Although it shouldn't matter, because family is family, it's one theory that could be possible.

• Kelly Hudson
    almost 3 years ago

I'm glad they are over if it means the kids will be safe. I don't think they will get back together.

• Courtney Dercqu
      Courtney Dercqu Content Marketing Strategist & Writer
      almost 3 years ago

I'm sad that the relationship is over, and that they lost their foundation because I think they really did love one another. But for the kids' safety - I'm glad they're over. I'm still not sure. As much gusto as Angelina has right now, I'm not sure how long that will stick. Only time will tell I guess.

Courtney Dercqu
Content Marketing Strategist & Writer

Author of Mindy and Mommy Moon | Chinese Food Connoisseur | Full-time Content Marketing Strategist & Writer | Owner of Bad Art and Meow Follow my life @kort_nay on both Twitter and Instagram I'm still dreaming about that pizza in my profile picture.

Moguls Interested in Pop Culture