Weekly Reads aka The Cousin of A Newsletter
February 20- February 26
It all begins with you. If you do not care for yourself, you will not be strong enough to take care of anything in life.- Leon Brown
In The News Corner
- New Administration and The “Dismantling” of Family Planning: GOP Begins Shredding Family Planning
- Testing, Contraceptive, and Men: Male contraceptive gel passes monkey test
- Addiction and Health Insurance: Another Big Health Insurer Loosens Rules For Covering Addiction Treatment
Can We Talk Corner
* February is National Condom Awareness and February 14 was Awareness Day * Here are some of our Condom Awareness Post
- How To Properly Wear a Condom and other Hygiene Tips: Hygiene Tip Of The Week: Condoms & some more condoms
- Safe sex, breaking taboos, and the Female Condom: Are Female Condoms a Myth and Other Questions
- Dental Dams and Oral Sex: PSA: Safe Sex is The Best Sex..That Includes Oral
Interesting Find: *Check out Glamour’s piece on abortion without regret in, “Was I Supposed to Regret My Abortion? Because I Don't”*
Want To Understand Healthcare In America Works? I’d recommend this“Health Insurance: How Does It Work?” piece.
Freedom, Sexuality, and How Sex Made Me More Powerful
Check out the Q&A on the Morning-After Pill (A Simple explanation) via The Planned Parenthood Website (remember that PP, is a great service *not only for medical care* when you’re in need of a refresher sexual ed course and more)
- STIs and “Everything” You Need to Know About Herpes *skip to 2.20 if you would like to skip the song/tidbit*
3. Organizational Spotlight: Forestville Teen Clinic
A Nonprofit health center that provides free reproductive and mental health services for ages 12-25, community outreach services, counseling, homeless healthcare, and workshops. Also, they post excellent and informative information on their Insta and have teens helping and education other teens. Check them out and see how you can get involved or use their services.
That’s all for now! Remember to stay informed, make/stick to appts: check on your health, and stay hydrated!
*Please let us know if you have troubles with the links, questions, or if you found any interesting stories that we may have missed*