Anyone can put together an average barbecue, but it takes an entertaining expert to offer guests a five-star experience.
Introducing you to David Monn, an elite Lifestyle Designer and Event Producer who has worked with the likes of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala, the New York Public Library, the Guggenheim Museum, New York City Ballet, and the Metropolitan Opera, to name a few.Having more than 20 years of entertaining under his belt, with some of the most prestigious organizations and people in New York, David has developed a keen eye for luxury products from linens, to gourmet food, and the best in travel.
With 4th of July right around the corner, David has curated a short list of ingredients for a luxurious take on traditional corn-on-the-cob.
Please see below, David’s selection of ingredients and tips:
- Opt for Flint Corn over Sweet Corn, it adds a color to your plate and can be used to decorate your tabletop.
- Many have coined Le Beurre d’Echire as the best butter in the world, and there’s a reason for that – there is no post-production flavoring at Echire, so it truly tastes the way butter is supposed to.
- Fleur de Sel or “flower of salt” sets the benchmark for all salts. The method for harvesting this salt is delicate and precise, truly a labor of love that you can taste.
- Don’t forget to serve your corn with holders.
- Expert Tip: Melt some butter with saffron to add an extra flavor profile, it gives the corn a fun taste that is hard for guests to pinpoint, and serves as a great conversation starter.
Anthony Bowles is one of the youngest sought out journalists in the media world. He has had the privilege of interviewing today’s most well-known celebrities as well as being in the entertainment and fashion world.