Recently named one of Forbes' Best Cities for Raising a Family, Rent.com's Best Cities for Post-Grads, and Forbes' Emerging Downtowns, Cincinnati is buzzing with renewed energy. Should you find yourself relocating to the Queen City for work or for a new adventure, there are some things you need to know:
1. The area has experienced tons of growth recently. Some of the suburbanites still hold prejudices against downtown and Over-the-Rhine, but it is very different here than it was five years ago.
3. People will ask you where you went to school - and mean high school. As a transplant to Cincinnati, I can confirm that all "outsiders" find this really weird.
4. Food duels are real. Especially when it comes to chili.
5. This is a baseball city, and hosting the All Star Game this year was a big deal.
6. No one can drive. Especially in the rain.
7. The Ohio River barely separates Cincinnati from Northern Kentucky, but some people act like crossing the river is a major culture shock.
8. Most people have strong opinions about West Side vs. East Side - and suburbs vs. downtown.
9. Many people who grow up here never really leave.
10. We complain about the cold nearly as much as people in Chicago.
11. All-in-all, it's a pretty great city - and getting better every day.