We all know that pizza originated in Italy. But with time it spread around the globe and diversified itself according to peoples' tastes. There is no doubt that it has become one of the most favorite food items in almost every country. Different countries have given divergent pizza bases and toppings. For example in Japan squid is one of the most popular pizza-toping. However, in general, most of the people prefer pepperoni or chicken on their pizzas. Size also varies with countries. For example, if you go for a large pizza in Australia, you will get an 11" pizza, which is smaller than the 13" large pizza available in the UK.The popularity of pizza has also increased because you can get it delivered at your doorstep in no time. In some of the countries, you do not even have to pick up the phone and talk to someone to place an order. You can simply order it online. As far as I know, pizza hut was the first pizzeria to offer online ordering in 1994. I might be wrong here, but I was not able to find anything else which could have contradicted it. Believe it or not, in Alaska pizzas are delivered by plane by Airport Pizza and to add to the surprise, they do not charge extra for delivery.
Some Facts about Pizza
Did you know, The ancient Greeks were the first to make a pizza. Pizza, the name itself makes people drool, be it your kid or your kid's granny or you. Here are some more interesting facts which I come through:
- The united states eats 350 slices of pizza every second
- 93% of Americans that eat pizza, do once a month
- The most expensive pizza in the world costs $12,000
- Breakfast Pizza, 36% of Americans believe that pizza is a breakfast meal
- A Pizza was Delivered in Space in 2001
- Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest day of the year for pizza delivery in the U.S
- World War II helped Bring Pizza to the Masses
- October Is National Pizza Month
- Papa’s Tomato Pies is America’s Oldest Continuously Operating Pizzeria
- Pizza is a 37 billion dollar industry
- Using Slicelife even Local Pizzeria can compete against Big Pizza Chains
- There’s a annual Pizza expo in Las Vegas
- Anchovies are the least favorite pizza topping in america
Pizza in the USA
Pizza is possibly the best and most widely eaten food choices in the USA. It has been determined that the US residents pay over $ 10 million per year on home-delivered Pizza. That means if you are a pizza offering services that do not deliver to home can have their business negatively affected. Although, there have been several unique services that have continued engaging with local pizza makers and allow them to give home delivery services. If you like to cook pizza yourself, and want to take it as a business, you can certainly sign up with these services and have a blast in terms of profits. From a customer point of view, these services enable us to order pizzas from the local pizzeria. Service like slicelife is perfect example of this. You don't have to pay higher fees for the local pizzerias. The service is an outstanding option for giving a new charter of life for the smaller pizzeria developing their business further ahead.
I hope you enjoyed this article.Will be back with some more interesting topics.