This post is for you beautiful Idaho State Bengals! Comment #sotrue if you know what I mean in the following article.
Things only ISU students understand
1. Welcome Back Orange and Black week! Everybody loves the big warm welcome that we students receive from our beautiful town of Pocatello. Events everywhere, not just on the campus either! Businesses, and people everywhere pride themselves in all of their Bengals.
2. Lonely Breaks. If you're from out of country or even sometimes out of state or you just don't have family, you stay on campus for holiday breaks right? I am personally one of those people. Travelling isn't an option when you don't have money. But most of our peers are headed off to see their families for the holidays while a select few of us stay in the dorms. And boy oh boy let me tell you how lonely it is! unlimited parking. unlimited seats on the campus restaurants. No lines! and best of all, naked Tuesdays;)
3. Lines. lines everywhere you go. So many lines. Restaurants, the DMV, the parties.
4. Never finding a parking space. There are so many students at ISU and not enough parking for all of us! They should build a parking garage or something.
5. Waiting until 2-2:30am to go to the Sky Hookah lounge to party and dance with all your friends! For those of us who aren't 21 yet and can't go to the bars, where is the hangout? The hookah, as they call it. Lights, loud music by a special DJ, dancing, and of course if you smoke, the hookahs. Lets not forget about that awesome dance circle that forms, always making sure to jump in the middle and show off your best moves.
6. Hookah lounge pt 2. Lets not forget about how broke we are, so of course, the sharpie trick. There is always that first time when someone suggests, that one of your friend goes and pays to get in and gets the stamp then comes back out to you guys, where you all then proceed to take turns drawing that days stamp on your hand to the best of your ability. Naturally, it never works.
7. Going to the well known party houses in Pocatello. such as, "Kj's house", and "The black house". These guys have parties every weekend, and they're always the last one you go to because it's so lit that you plan on staying there the longest.
8. Picking out the dorms. You've got the most common ones in the tour. Turner, or South. Turner- the party dorms. South- the study dorms.
9. Jew ball. A south tradition! A game in which you must fight to the death. Just kidding, although it's still very dangerous. Involving the cue, and the eight ball, on a pool table you must use the cue ball to hit the eight ball into the socket to give the next person a letter until someone gets three strikes spelling out J.E.W. The loser has an extreme punishment. They must pull down their pants and receive a thigh slap from the winner!
I know that this doesn't even begin to cover the crazy things that we experience at ISU, but I am only a freshman in her first semester. I have a long ways to go before I learn the tricks and the trades.
These are just a few of the things I have learned and experienced in the four months that I have been in Pocatello. I can't wait to see more.
Comment if you know some more things about ISU that I didn't cover!
I love my ISU peers! Go bengals!!!