My name is Liani and I am a rising junior at the Chapin School and I am super excited to be able to launch Mogul at my school! I am honored to be able to help create a space where we can learn and grow in order to become the best versions of ourselves.
I love to create and I aspire to be empathetic to those around me. Growing up all my dream jobs (actor, doctor, vet, writer, musician) required those skills. I think this desire to make the world a better place and have a positive impact on someone else is what drives me to keep going no matter how rough life gets.
Some facts about me:
- I attended a program that changed my life called Prep for Prep, which allowed me the opportunity to attend Chapin and so much more.
- I grew up in Queens and was apart of the Mets kids fan club. I don't follow sports that much anymore.
- I secretly like to dance but I have no rhythm.
-I love old school hip hop (some modern stuff too) and art pop. I really like music by Kate Bush, Joni Mitchell, and Fleetwood Mac. My favorite albums are Blue by Joni Mitchell and Rumors by Fleetwood Mac.
- I am passionate about social justice and will be serving as next year's Feminism Club Vice President at school.
-I am interested in public policy, especially food and health policy. I am currently working on developing a health equity training and immigrants' health brief at my internship this summer so I got to learn more about policies that affect our health.
- I love books and reading. Some of my favorite authors include Oscar Wilde, Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie, Kurt Vonnegut, and J.K. Rowling.
- I write poetry and short stories for fun and some day I hope to be a published writer.
- I went to improv school and acting school and despite my shy and introverted nature, I really love performing.
Well that's it. I hope you are having an amazing day!!! If you aren't I hope it gets better. You got this.