MeetYourPresident

Cassie Knust
over 2 years Huntsville, TX, United States Story
Meet Your President

Hey guys!

My name is Cassie Knust, and I am your Mogul President for Sam Houston State University. I'm SO excited to kick off this new chapter with a bang!

I'm a senior majoring in Broadcast Production and minoring in Criminal Justice. I'm the Contributing Editor for the Odyssey on campus as well as the Social Media Chair for National Broadcast Society. My passion is stories. There are three sides to every story, and the most important one is the truth.

I love God, my cat, my family, Harry Potter, Disney, and reading. Music gets me through the day, and laughter is my favorite pastime!

Well that's a little about me, what about you? What are you passionate about? I look forward to getting to know all of you, and encourage you to post whatever your heart desires. This is our page, so raise your voice!

• Marla schell

I'm very happy to hear that.

I'm very happy to hear that.

• Ellen velvet

What kind of music do you like?

What kind of music do you like?

• Cassie Knust
      over 2 years ago Huntsville, TX, United States

Just about anything! My favorite song right now though is probably "Despacito" because I feel like dancing every time I hear it. What's do you listen to?

• sicily

"Despacito" by whom? Sorry for asking but I have not been dancing to the tune of any music lately....

• Cassie Knust
          over 2 years ago Huntsville, TX, United States

No problem at all! It's by Luis Fonzi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber. I haven't followed Bieber much lately, but it's such an upbeat song. I'm sure it'll get you dancing soon!

• sicily

I am dancing....! Thanks Cassie!

I am dancing....! Thanks Cassie!

• Cassie Knust
              over 2 years ago Huntsville, TX, United States

Glad I could help!! I'm always here for music recommendations :)

Glad I could help!! I'm always here for music recommendations :)

• jackie1993

Hey Cassie, what kind of music are the young students in Houston listening to? Thanks.

• Cassie Knust
                  over 2 years ago Huntsville, TX, United States

All kinds! Country, hip hop, pop, and rap are just a few.

All kinds! Country, hip hop, pop, and rap are just a few.

• Ellen velvet

Whoa. Someone from the great state of Texas! Hey Cassie, by the way I see two adorable dogs in the picture you showcase but interestingly you only mention the fact that you love your cat and wonder why? Anything funny to share?

• Cassie Knust
      over 2 years ago Huntsville, TX, United States

Good eye! Those are actually my best friend's dogs, Rita and Roscoe. I love them almost as much as I love my cat!

• jackie1993

Now the mystery is public. Glad to hear, Cassie! By the way, what are you studying?

• Cassie Knust
          over 2 years ago Huntsville, TX, United States

Lol it sure is! I'm studying Broadcast Production! I'm interested in pursuing journalism.

• jackie1993

What is broadcast production? How many students are there in your class and who teaches?

• Cassie Knust
              over 2 years ago Huntsville, TX, United States

Broadcast Production is about behind the scenes/the production process for broadcasts (typically in news). We have a lot of professionals from the field teaching our classes! Generally, there are about 20-25 students in a class.

• jackie1993

Sounds interesting. After graduation, what types of work or companies would you guys do or work for?

• Cassie Knust
                  over 2 years ago Huntsville, TX, United States

It really is :) Many students under this focus want to pursue producing things like the news or any kind of live broadcast. I'd take a job like this in a heartbeat, but I love writing, and would want to pursue writing for a magazine! There are many doors a Broadcast Production degree can open for you.

• Danica

Hey Cassie what's your favorite Disney movie? @Vanessa Vause may have played the princess lol

• Cassie Knust
      over 2 years ago Huntsville, TX, United States

I love Beauty and the Beast! The music, message and library are just perfect.

I love Beauty and the Beast! The music, message and library are just perfect.

Imagining the world not how it is, but how it could be.

Moguls Interested in Sam Houston State University