Our fast-paced lives often leave behind a cluttered mind. It leads to stress, irritation and behavioural issues. Meditation is a great way to deal with such pressures. It is an ancient approach which trains the mind to be calm and focused. As a beginner, it might look a bit clichéd. After all, who sits still for hours? But, the reality is quite different. With regular practice, you will learn to meditate and often it becomes one of the most fulfilling aspects of your life.
Benefits of Meditation
Meditation offers physical as well as psychological benefits. Let’s find out some amazing benefits experienced by people.
• Lowers Stress Levels: Regular practice reduces the release of a stress hormone, cortisol. As a result, feelings of anxiety, stress and nervousness is controlled to a large extent. It effectively lowers your stress and keeps your mind relaxed.
• Great for heart health: Meditation lowers blood pressure. High blood pressure often exerts pressure on your heart. Through meditation you can keep the heart rate and blood pressure in check.
• Makes you smarter: The brain is extremely benefitted with meditation. With increased blood flow to the brain, it improves memory, enhances self-control and increases attention span. Brain functions are hugely boosted with meditation.
• Improves Mood: Good neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin are released in our body during meditation. It improves our mood and keeps depression at bay.
• Makes Life Meaningful: Meditation helps to create a sense of self-awareness which allows people to unlock greater meaning and purpose in life. As you feel less stress, your mind is activated to work better and it creates a sense of calm. But, you cannot press a button to enjoy all the goodness of meditation.
Your mind needs training first. Trying to learn meditation in Brisbane? Visit a Cultivate Calm Yoga studio and feel the difference.