IntroductiontoMyMentalHealthColumn

RachelMartin
over 2 years Story
Introduction to My Mental Health Column

While I am far from being a professional and licensed doctor, I feel as though my personal experiences with mental health may be beneficial to many. As a young woman, there is so much stigma around mental health and getting help for it. Through my experiences and the experiences of people close to me, I feel as though I can offer valuable advice to those who are struggling, but are afraid to ask for help. I also know the ins and outs of how to best help a friend or family member suffering from a mental illness. I also plan to discuss the effects of medication and how having a mental illness can have a difficult assimilation into one's personal and professional life.

mka

I'm excited to see your posts! ^_^

I'm excited to see your posts! ^_^

• Martha Walson

A lot of love and great courage, Rachel! Hat off to you!

A lot of love and great courage, Rachel! Hat off to you!

• canwetalkqa
    canwetalkqa Can We Talk: Sexual Health

This is great, can't wait to read more about your experiences and thoughts on the State of Mental Health.

• Lucy Chen
    over 2 years ago Chicago, IL, United States

What are the biggest issues you see in the high school community?

What are the biggest issues you see in the high school community?

• Lucy Chen
    over 2 years ago Chicago, IL, United States

Awesome @RachelMartin. Do you think you want to be a counselor or therapist one day?

• RachelMartin

Yes I want to go into something within that field and I'm planning on majoring in neuroscience! The biggest issue I see in the high school community is that no one will talk about mental health. It's made out to be so taboo that when I conducted a survey about depression for a research paper, I wasn't allowed to distribute it to students.

Moguls Interested in Sauquoit Valley HS