Share Knowledge With Women Worldwide

Connect and share knowledge with millions of women across 196 countries and 34,470 cities.

Post Now

#IAmAMogulBecauseWomenNeedtoLoveandSupportEachOther,WithoutJudgementorShaming,ByKellyOsbourne

Kelly Osbourne
Kelly Osbourne Actress, Host, & Fashion Designer
10mo Story
#IAmAMogul Because Women Need to Love and Support Each Other, Without Judgement or Shaming, By Kelly Osbourne

Growing up in the entertainment industry and spotlight has come with its ups and downs. I know how fortunate I am and I’m grateful for my circumstances. However, a big misconception about fame is that sometimes people forget that you are human; that you too deal with the issues that all women face, ranging from self-worth, body image, societal beauty standards, and the feeling of needing to be perfect.

The truth is that there is no such thing as being perfect, and we as women should embrace our own, as well as others’, unique characteristics that make each one of us who we are.

In my life, I have been publicly labeled everything from a drug addict, fat, a racist, a spoilt brat, talentless, too skinny to be America’s Sweetheart. As a result of this, I would do anything to not be me. I would go to bed praying to wake up anyone else but myself. I fed into the media stories, I played up to being a brat, and I was the definition of lost.

One day, I woke up sick and tired of being sick and tired, and realized that the only thing that I will ever be, is me! So, why not be the best me that I can be because I am never going to be perfect or someone else. I discovered that I never wanted to be the skinniest, the prettiest, the smartest, the funniest, the tallest, and the best at anything! Because you know what? There will always be someone “better”. You can’t change who you are, but you can change your actions. My wish is that girls and women stop competing with each other and learn that we are our best allies.

We are fierce, phenomenal, beautiful creatures to be celebrated, and if someone tells you differently, persevere and keep working hard to achieve your dreams.

• Bethany Heinrich
    Bethany Heinrich Mogul Influencer

I 100% agree with this statement, Kelly! Thank you for your bold, honest, and personal message that will definitely be helpful for women around the world. I agree that sometimes as celebrities, we as a society can forget that they are human beings, and that they are 'perfect' because they are in the Hollywood scene. But this is such a beautiful message, and a wonderful reminder, that we are all facing the same battles, and doing our best each day to be the best versions of ourselves that we can be. Thank you again!

• Lucy Chen
    over 2 years ago Chicago, IL, United States

You are one of my favorite celebrities and thank you for being so honest about what it's like to be one. These are really great words and I appreciate this story.

• Kelly Hudson

Kelly, I want to give a special thanks to you for writing this and being so honest. I hate how sometimes people slam on you just because you were on a fashion show and think it's hypocritical to be all in support of women. But you were just doing your job on the show, and I think it's really great that you are opening up about your views of women and what you've learned from your past. It's not easy being a celebrity I bet, and even though it sounds all glamorous, I would imagine it's a lot of smoke and mirrors with a lot of pressure to be perfect. You are so right that none of us are perfect, we are allowed to have mess ups, and we can always learn from our mistakes.

• Gabby B.

I love your response! It's amazing and very true of Hollywood. Thank you both Kellys for making such strong statements!

• Natasha
    Natasha 💪🏻& 👊🏻 just like NYC

Very powerful message!

Very powerful message!

• Eileen Makak
    Eileen Makak Digital Marketing, Mogul

"We are fierce, phenomenal, beautiful creatures" Thank you for this piece. Such a beautiful and inspiring message.

mka

I love this! Thank you so much for sharing this! It's a shame that the famous are subjected to such cruel words and misconceptions. I agree that we should embrace our qualities and be the best versions of ourselves while supporting others. Right on!

• Be Supportive

You're absolutely correct Kelly! Difference is what makes each one of us Special and we need to support each other.

• Asoral (LJ Thomas)
    Asoral (LJ Thomas) CEO, Founder, OnMogul Influencer, & Host of Purely Positive
    2y ago Atlanta, GA, United States

Thank you Kelly for saying just how I felt when I realized the same thing. I can't worry about catering to someone else's perception of perfection. All I can do is be the best "me" that I can me. As you said, we ALL need to support one another because we all all beautiful in many ways. Thank again!

• Marianne Jarvis 91
    10mo ago South West England, United Kingdom

Love this! Throughout ,your determination has been awe inspiring!! Although difficult at times with the judgements of others and name-calling from others , you have got through by sticking to your guns, being authentic and following your heart. What I love is your authenticity to be yourself , be honest and be truthful in the fact women shouldn't be tearing one another down we should be building each other up with inspiration, love, support and mostly respect! :) xx

• Morgan RM 67
    9mo ago

Kelly, we're leveraging Virtual Reality to combat sexual assault and sexual harassment through training simulations. We focus on identifying and changing bias and stigma, response training, bystander intervention (passive and active), and on identifying sexual harassment and sexual assault. Our crowdfunding campaign is linked below, but we would love to get you involved. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/immersive-education-to-stop-sexual-harassment-film-technology/x/17365789#/

Kelly Osbourne