Today, March 8, 2018, is International Women's Day!! As we celebrate the trailblazing, amazing, multi-faceted, talented women in our lives, check out Google's initiatives for celebrating womanhood.
- Women-in-search promo video: Check it out here.
Over the last year, the world has been searching for "gender equality" more than ever before. This International Women’s Day, we celebrate the strong, courageous women who are pushing us toward a more equal future.
- Interactive Doodle: On our homepage today, Google is highlighting the voices of 12 artists from all around the world, each sharing a personal story of a moment or event that impacted her life as a woman.
- To make it easier to find women-led businesses on Google Maps and Search, we launched a new attribute that highlights local businesses that are owned, led, or founded by women. Now you can find more businesses like Reaching Out Teahouse in communities across the world.
- There was a talk on YouTube at 11:45 a.m. ET on March 8 to with messages from Oprah Winfrey, Storm Reid, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and director Ava DuVernay of Disney’s “A Wrinkle in Time” for a special International Women’s Day Talks at Google event. The cast will be joined by 40 teen girls from Girls Inc as a part of a Made with Code event. Watch here.
- Explore top-searched trends around women at g.co/womensday.
- Celebrate with your Google Assistant by asking, "Hey Google, tell me quotes from inspiring women.”
- Support the women behind great apps and games as well as strong female protagonists in games, movies, TV, and books on the Google Play store.
- Follow the conversation at @WomenTechmakers as over 20,000 women in tech connect and inspire one another during our annual Women Techmakers International Women's Day events in 52 countries.
- Watch the Merrell Twins’ new YouTube series “Project Upgrade,” premiering Saturday, March 10. Follow two YouTubers as they build and code their own product, all the while showing girls the unlimited possibilities of CS and STEM.