Become your best self with a community of real women around the world who have your back.

AskAMogulAnything:Hi,I'mTiffanyPham,Founder&CEOofMogul.Askmeanythingyou'dlike!

Tiffany Pham
almost 3 years New York, NY, USA Story
Ask A Mogul Anything: Hi, I'm Tiffany Pham, Founder & CEO of Mogul. Ask me anything you'd like!

All questions will be answered by Tiffany Pham on September 6th starting at 2pm ET.

Hi! I'm Tiffany Pham, the Founder & CEO of Mogul (www.onmogul.com), a platform that reaches 18MM women per week across 196 countries and 30,470 cities. We are all about enabling women to connect, share information, and access knowledge from each other.

Before teaching myself how to code in order to build the first iteration of Mogul, which launched to 1MM women in the first week, I was a media executive, film producer, book author, and arts philanthropist. Two fun facts about me: I play the violin and when it comes to karaoke, I like to channel Britney Spears.

Here's your chance to ask me anything you'd like. Let me know what you want to know about me in the comments section below. I'll be answering your questions live on Tuesday, September 6th, starting at 2 pm ET.

It's all part of Mogul's brand new series, Ask A Mogul Anything. In coming days and weeks, Mogul will be featuring live interactive Q & A sessions with leaders in the worlds of business, fashion, politics, entertainment and sports.

Come on and ask me *anything*  at all!

Now's your chance to ask *anything* ... about *anything.* Check out more questions and answers about topics ranging from careers to relationships to global events, and post a few of your own, on Mogul's Ask Anything page.

• Bria Barrows
    over 2 years ago Toronto, Canada

Such an inspiration. Thank you for giving a platform for us all.

Such an inspiration. Thank you for giving a platform for us all.

• cateevans
    over 2 years ago United Kingdom

Dear Tiffany, I was wondering if it was possible for a section for Personal Growth might be added to your amazing site. I think, and of course this is just my personal opinion, that having a section where people can share advice that helped them grow as a person, things that they have learnt, experiences that have changed them on a personal level would be amazing. For example I have written some pieces on finding happiness and I would love to share them on here. Secondly, do you have any plans to expand into the UK. It would be wonderful to have events and offers here. Thank you for taking the time to read my comment. So glad I found your great site. Cate

• emkwan

• emkwan

Hi Tiffany, I had a few questions that I am hoping you could answer. Your insight is appreciated! Have you ever felt that you were treated differently because you are a woman of color? What were some instances of when you felt that way? As a woman what are somethings you find that you must keep in mind when you are pitching Mogul and when you are promoting brand awareness? Since starting Mogul what are a few of your happiest moments and why? If you could go back to 2014, what were a few things you would do differently on your journey with Mogul and what were a few things you would do again? All the best, Mandy

over 2 years ago New York, NY, USA

My AAPI identity certainly drove me to accomplish much more to ensure more Asian representation in the media and entertainment space. In fact, working in this space made me realize that the greater impact I had within the field, the more I could leverage this increasing influence to ensure greater diversity and inclusion amongst talent.

• chowa
    almost 3 years ago

Hi Tiffany, from the quote above: "first iteration of Mogul, which launched to 1MM women in the first week"... how did you get 1 million women in the first week to sign up? What were the preceding steps that led to so much hype? Thanks :-)

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Hi Chowa, thanks for this great question. For me, it was hitting upon a niche segment of women. I was already communicating with thousands of young girls around the world who were seeking advice and needing more guidance. Thus, as I shared my ideas and insights with them regarding their lives on an individual basis and later via the platform, the latter resonated with them and struck a chord. I emailed them the link to the platform and embedded shareable widgets from AddThis.com at the beginning which encourage users to share the content they're reading to their social networks, and subsequently these young girls worldwide reshared the platform content to 1MM in the first week. I've heard other successful founders obtain their first users by similarly serving an underserved niche segment. One, for example, was targeting a young community of passionate fans. They started to target anime viewers by handing out flyers to thousands of attendees at a local anime convention. From there, word of mouth grew organically but exponentially.

• chowa
        almost 3 years ago

Thank you for your swift reply. It's been a wonderful inspiration to see evidence that real connections with people can bring about so much widespread support!

• chowa

• Karen Schneider
    Karen Schneider goal digger, career mentor, & wine enthusiast
    almost 3 years ago NYC, NY, United States

What is your opinion on how your education shaped your success? When interviewing potential employees, which are you more impressed by - passion and results, or their degree? I ask because I have never finished my degree, and as I consider going back to school, many have advised I should not bother - they don't feel it's a worthwhile investment. Do you feel you would have been just as successful regardless?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Thanks so much for this great question, Karen. Personally, while I had a solid experience in the educational system, I believe it solely formed the foundation through which only passion and hard work could subsequently help to fortify. At Yale and Harvard, I learned most outside of the classroom -- I would teach myself and thus strengthen my potential as an entrepreneur, while running school newspapers and magazines as well as media organizations. It provided me with some initial basic knowledge of how businesses are run. Thus, in the end, I tend to look for potential employees who are hustlers, who will roll up their sleeves to get things done. I look for passion and hunger. This all matters to me much more than a degree. For you, I would think about what type of roles you enjoy taking on, and if the organizations that offer such roles have the same mentality that I maintain or whether educational credibility is of significant importance. What roles are you interested in exploring?

• Kate Riona
    almost 3 years ago London, United Kingdom

Hi Tiffany, I'm really happy to have found Mogul, it's such an inspirational tool for young women. I'm at the beginning of launching an online gallery than connects socially excluded artists (homeless, people living on the margins, ex offenders, young people with limited opportunities) in the UK with socially conscious art lovers worldwide. What advice do you have for using digital innovations to boost arts philanthropy and community causes?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Hi Kate, thank you so much for the kind words! Using digital innovations to boost arts philanthropy & community causes is key for ensuring their sustainability. With so many causes needing well-deserved attention, I applaud any creation that would further highlight them to the interested audience. It is therefore amazing to hear about your online gallery. I would recommend that you aim to build a passionate base towards the first cause that you wish to stand behind. Saturate your platform with this type of art/artist and the corresponding philanthropists in this space first, then as the platform burgeons due to this initial niche community, ensure word of mouth carries over to the press to brand your platform to a wider audience for awareness. Then, roll out to the next cause, and repeat. By building your platform strategically in this way, you'll ensure continued user growth and consumer awareness.

• I am George Lucas
    almost 3 years ago Madrid, Spain

It's really amazing that the CEO of an well established organizations is interacting with the common members. Great. I wish you all the best Tiffany.

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Thank you so much for these kind words! I am constantly on the Mogul platform all throughout the day as I love seeing what's on top of our users' minds and sharing thoughts and feedback. It always makes my day to see the impact firsthand.

• kathyjames

• GL
    GL Founder & Mompreneur of MommieQueen and #ConnectedWomen
    almost 3 years ago Malaysia, Asia Pacific

Hi Tiffany, I must said the platform (onmogul.com) that you started and build is so incredible and inspired, especially the mission backed behind. As a start up founder and single mother, I really doubt on how to juggle all the things and make it happen even I am the only mastermind and working man behind the scene. Is that normal to have a worries on business plan, roadmap, revenue and long term growth?How do you ensure things happened and delivered as per expectation for first launching? Will there be good to hire freelancer/full time employees to take care of jobs and projects? When will be the best time to delegate out the task and responsibilities? I am blessed and proud that I sharing similar mission with you on different modeling. My mission is to connecting with modern working mothers worldwide and my ultimate objective is to make their life easier, while they are too occupied to take care of career, business, family, kids and most importantly is taking care of themselves. My second doubt will be on the strategy approach to the market. What will be the best approach to the right market and targeted audience? As for pre-launching initiative, do you think media press, online media,personal branding or digital marketing will be more helpful to reach the targeted pool during 1st phase? Also, another main concern when the ball start rolling, when will be the best time to acquire investors to come on board? Last but not least, what will be your main challenges and other breakthroughs that you have gone through since you starting onmogul.com till now? I believe I do carry a special calling (can be proven from my own life experience and adversity) and life purpose to help others, by creating our world better place to live and making people life easier to move forward. I really want to make this happen to all of us around the globe. Will you be my mentor to guide, navigate and even challenge me to deliver my true promises to all working women and mothers? I am so looking forward to hear your thoughts and advice. That will be my main inspiration to keep my plans rolling and moving fast forward from now on wards. Have a happy and positive day.

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Is your organization a media platform connecting working mothers online? If so, I would recommend online press and generating online content targeting the most pressing issues that working mothers face today. What are the top magazines that working mothers read and who are the editors at those magazines? In the end, you just need to become with 25-50 of those exact editors and you are set. Be there to help them, with quotes, anecdotes, other information they may need for their ongoing stories, and the strong rapport should lead to coverage of your business over time.

• GL
        GL Founder & Mompreneur of MommieQueen and #ConnectedWomen
        over 2 years ago Malaysia, Asia Pacific

Once for all, appreciate your time to provide pieces of professional advice to my questions. It's help to trigger some thoughts over the time to re-strategize my plan and twist it around for the way I should approach and connect with modern mothers.

• GL
        GL Founder & Mompreneur of MommieQueen and #ConnectedWomen
        over 2 years ago Malaysia, Asia Pacific

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

When you hire freelancers, try hiring with 1-month contracts that will be renewed upon strong performance. If they perform well for multiple months, bring them on full-time. If you don't have enough capital for this scenario, then try hiring interns for local schools nearby and provide them with solid education and training.

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Hi GL, great questions. I absolutely did think a great deal on revenue model and roadmap, but in reality, the good news is that you don't have to reinvent the wheel to already know what works and what doesn't work, at least for each stage of the business that you might be in. Try to create in small steps so that it enables you to iterate rapidly upon feedback, even with a big vision for the future. This will produce less worries that you may not meet expectations in the long-run.

• GL
        GL Founder & Mompreneur of MommieQueen and #ConnectedWomen
        over 2 years ago Malaysia, Asia Pacific

Thank you so much, Tiffany! This is certainly helpful to giving me a good hint and direction to take a step forward.

• kathyjames
    almost 3 years ago

Hi Tiffany, thank you so much for paying it forward! I love Mogul :) Q: How did you generate traffic to your platform when starting out?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Hi Kathy! Thanks so much for the good question. At the beginning, I was corresponding a lot with young girls around the world, asking me questions about life and career over email. I then decided to teach myself how to code Ruby on Rails (using Michael Hartl's Ruby on Rails PDF tutorial) and built a very very simple site consisting of a grid of pictures but that had the basic functionalities I thought could help women: it enabled them to post content and then upvote and downvote so that, on a real-time basis, you could see what was trending amongst women's conversations on the homepage. I then posted several posts (about relationships and career), becoming a super user of the platform myself. I then sent it off to the young girls contacting me over email, and watched as the platform unexpectedly reached a million users within the first week, largely driven by organic reshares from this first set of users. Becoming a super user of the platform was therefore key, in hindsight, and posting content that resonated so much with this core set of initial users that they wanted to spread it to their networks. After that, it became about continuing this momentum by adding in pop-up widgets (such as from AddThis.com) that would further drive reshares, and enforcing our mission in every single conversation I would have (of course with team members, but also with fellow founders, advisors, investors, potential partners, and press). I would always ask for help on what I believed we might need next. This is also key. I never hesitated to ask -- and I mention this because a number of founders have been telling me as of late they oftentimes become afraid to ask and that hesitation stops them and their organization's growth. So to recap: content, product, and mission. :) I hope this helps, and thanks so much for the kind words! Let me know if I can ever do more to help.

• Ray Balko 13
        almost 3 years ago

Amazing! I love that you taught yourself ruby and did it with python :) But mainly working with wordpress now ;) So, what I learn from that is that you have to love your own product and use it yourself (practice what you preach) & the asking for help thing is a big issue for me where I still have to work though my issues. Thank you! I hope Mogul continues to do great and grow.

• Ray Balko 13
      almost 3 years ago

Yeah! You're speaking my mind! I would love to know too, Tiffany.

Yeah! You're speaking my mind! I would love to know too, Tiffany.

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Thanks so much for the kind message Ray! I hope the below response helped address your question as well. Let me know if you were curious about any other aspect.

• thanhnguyentrieu
    almost 3 years ago

Hi Tiffany, I am Thanh Nguyen on Facebook and I admire you very much. Could you let me know that : Have you ever been to Vietnam ?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Hi Thanh! Thank you so much for the note -- yes, I was there once, and it was the most amazing time in my life. :)

• thanhnguyentrieu
        almost 3 years ago

Yes, I know you in a article about successful Vietnamese oversea. I hope to see you soon in Vietnam again :)

• Kenia Basilis
    Kenia Basilis CEO/Media Producer
    almost 3 years ago McLean, Virginia, Estados Unidos

Hello Tiffany, I would like to know what advice you would give an entrepeneur who is trying to start a similar resource like Mogul for the Latino community. Would you be interested in expanding your platform to include a Spanish-language based Mogul? Let me know if you are interested in a Skype chat. Kenia Basilis www.basilisempire.com [email protected]

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Thank you so much Kenia! I'd love to speak further. Would you happen to be visiting NYC anytime soon?

• Kenia Basilis
        Kenia Basilis CEO/Media Producer
        almost 3 years ago McLean, Virginia, Estados Unidos

We can arrange to be there in late September - early October, preferrably 10/10. It would be great to meet. Please confirm through e-mail. Thanks!

• Judith Davis
    almost 3 years ago New York, NY, United States

What made you decide to start a content site? I love the fact that it is so open to many subjects. Is there a reason for that?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Thank you so much Judith! Ever since I was 14, I dedicated my life towards the mission of providing information access to women worldwide. Now I get to work with the most incredible team in order to so! We're open to so many subjects because we wanted to redefine the word for the next generation of women to know that they could be moguls too -- a wonderful daughter, mother, sister, friend, team player, team leader. In other words, Mogul thereby caters to multi-faceted women and that means encouraging growth and exploration across all subjects!

• tishita
    almost 3 years ago

What would be the 1 work ethic that you have always had and why do you think it's important to your success?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Absolutely resilience! I don't let no's knock me down! I forget them right away, to be honest. And I always keep going, keep working each night, no matter how long. If there is one thing I never forget, it's my parents; I wish to honor all of the sacrifices they made, and thus work harder. :)

• Kelly Hudson
    almost 3 years ago

Also, what's your opinion on the Roger Ailes case at Fox? Do you think this issue is present in a lot of other industries too?

• Kelly Hudson
    almost 3 years ago

Lol i have one more question. Who do you predict will win the election?

Lol i have one more question. Who do you predict will win the election?

• RockYourWorld
    almost 3 years ago

Did you think Mogul would grow as fast as it did?

Did you think Mogul would grow as fast as it did?

• Patrice Wilson
    almost 3 years ago

Hi. What is your advice if you have always wanted to start a business or go for your passion but don't have the funds to do so? Like if you have a lot of responsibility such as kids and are a working, single mom?

• Patrice Wilson
      almost 3 years ago

Also, what is your favorite restaurant you would say we have to try if we visit NYC?

• Maddy Bernstein
    almost 3 years ago

Could you give some guy advice on if you are still looking for the right one? I feel like I'm usually good at this stuff but feeling a little low today.

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

I believe everything is always a matter of hard work + showing up. So to me, in terms of guy advice, I'd say: Keep being your best self so that you are happy with yourself, always. That's the hard work. But in terms of showing up, it's about selecting events around your city whereby you might meet others, ask for introductions from friends, and finally potentially use dating apps. The result might be: the right one. :)

• VivianaVizcaino

• VivianaVizcaino

• VivianaVizcaino

• VivianaVizcaino

• VivianaVizcaino

• VivianaVizcaino

• Jennifer Ridgeworth
    almost 3 years ago London, United Kingdom

Hello from across the pond! Can you discuss where Mogul is headed in the next 3-5 years? What can we expect? Lovely, lovely site. Thank you.

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

You'll see Mogul still impacting women in 3 main ways: information access, economy opportunity, and education!

• VivianaVizcaino

• VivianaVizcaino

• Jennifer Ridgeworth
    almost 3 years ago London, United Kingdom

• VivianaVizcaino
    VivianaVizcaino Viviana
    almost 3 years ago New York, NY, United States

Do you feel that Mogul is everything you want to accomplish, or that you've had to decide between this one major goal and all the other smaller things you may have hoped to achieve for yourself?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Hi Viviana! Thank you for this question. I definitely feel that Mogul is everything I've ever wanted to accomplish; I've dedicated my life towards this mission and am so lucky to work with such an amazing team that is equally passionate. And yet, I would say that our organization is set up to grow in ways in which we can continue our mission in even more ways -- and these ways do include initiatives and goals that our team is personally passionate about as well! Can't wait to share more with you soon.

• Lucy Chen
    almost 3 years ago Chicago, IL, United States

Is it possible to have both career and love?

Is it possible to have both career and love?

• Creative Hodgepodger
    almost 3 years ago

Have any of these questions been answered?

Have any of these questions been answered?

• Bethany Heinrich
      Bethany Heinrich Mogul Influencer
      almost 3 years ago New York, NY, United States

Hi! These will be answered at 2pm ET today!

Hi! These will be answered at 2pm ET today!

• Creative Hodgepodger
    almost 3 years ago

Have any of these questions been answered?

Have any of these questions been answered?

• Creative Hodgepodger
    almost 3 years ago

Have any of these questions been answered?

Have any of these questions been answered?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Do you have any questions for me, Creative Hodgepodger? Our team and I loved your post "No More Wire Hangers"!

• Georgina Purcell
    Georgina Purcell Business Owner
    almost 3 years ago New York, NY, United States

What are your favorite foods? Also, is there a particular culture you associate with the most?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

I personally love Vietnamese traditional soups such as Bun Bo Hue or Bun Rieu. I grew up on these two dishes, and they always provide me comfort.

• Megan Hendricks
    almost 3 years ago

What is the most important lesson to you about what to do when you are going through times of doubt, difficulty and frustration? Do you journal?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Publicly, I write about it on Mogul and love to receive our users' feedback and thoughts on the matter. Privately, I also discuss with my best friends and family in person. Hearing these thoughts and feedback always provides me with a clear sense of what to do ultimately to overcome any difficulty.

• Leigh Miller
    almost 3 years ago

What is your biggest piece of advice to someone who would like to go to an Ivy League school?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Which Ivy League school are you contemplating? Each of the different schools emphasize a different type of student, so I can give advice based on your preference. But largely, schools tend to like well-rounded students who have differentiated themselves in one particular aspect especially (such as sports, music, business leadership, writing, or more). And it's important to highlight that differentiating aspect in a powerful anecdote in your personal essay, as well as accompanying letter of recommendations. Have each recommender provide anecdotes themselves about how you stood out to them, on different facets (for example, have one recommender reference your leadership skills, the next your analytical skills, etc.)

• Jennifer Harwell
    almost 3 years ago

What are some of the biggest lessons you've learned in terms of heartbreak?

What are some of the biggest lessons you've learned in terms of heartbreak?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Always be with someone who is as excited to be with you as you are with them. With the right person, it will feel natural that way.

• Erika Velazquez Alpern
    Erika Velazquez Alpern CEO & Founder, Tactile
    almost 3 years ago New York, NY, United States

Hi Tiffany! What you have built with Mogul is incredible. As a start-up founder, I sometimes find myself torn between having a million ideas for what I want to build and the need to focus on priorities. What advice do you have for maintaining creativity and ambition but staying focused?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Hi Erika! Thank you so much for the kind words, and great, great question. I think one of the best things you can do is maintain a structure within your mind of what you would like to build -- in the short-term and in the long-term. You know ultimately what you want to build; but in the short-term, think about what format it must take now in order to be sustainable from a revenue standpoint and manageable from a task standpoint. For example, in your case (from what we have discussed in the past), you know that Tactile will ultimately be composed of multiple arms. However, I would think in the short-term about which arm is most likely to be highly successful first and thus brings you the most ROI. In other words, which arm for you is the easiest sell / gets you the most traction and is also the easiest for you to complete tasks for? I would concentrate on this arm first, putting opportunities for the other arms on hold until you can sustainably take them on without feeling stretched too thin. The aim is that the first arm becomes successful and profitable enough so that you can then bring on interns or part-time or even full-time employees to help you execute on the remaining arms. Prioritize in this way, and the patience will pay off two-fold in the long term especially in terms of quality. This was the best piece of advice I received from one of our advisors and investors at Pinterest and Twitter: focus, and be okay with saying no to tangential opportunities in the meantime. The right opportunities will come at the right time.

• SauravDutt
    SauravDutt Saurav Dutt, Author of "The Butterfly Room"
    almost 3 years ago United Kingdom

Hi Tiffany, what was your objective when you started Mogul and what new aims and objectives have you set for Mogul in the years ahead?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

By the way, I love your posts on Mogul!

By the way, I love your posts on Mogul!

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Thank you so much for the question Saurav! My main objective was to provide information access for women worldwide. We are an all-inclusive platform for women and men both to connect and share information, all in support of women. Now that we have grown to reach 18MM per week, we aim to continue growing the company further, in order to continue impacting on women worldwide through information access, economic opportunity, and education. We are doing all we can to achieve this on a daily basis!

• Natasha
    Natasha 💪🏻& 👊🏻 just like NYC
    almost 3 years ago New York, NY, United States

Hi Tiffany! What resources would you recommend for someone looking to start a business?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Thank you so much for the question! I would really recommend subscribing to Gary's Guide if based in NYC, or another weekly newsletter in your city if based elsewhere to immerse yourself in the local entrepreneurial community. You'll be surprised at how many resources and warm introductions others will offer to make for you and vice versa over time. Another resource you might want to try is our Entrepreneurship Course on Mogul! It has the very best entrepreneurial resources, all in one, and also provides you with access to mentors: www.onmogul.com/courses/entrepreneurship

• MaryPflumPeterson
    almost 3 years ago

Hi Tiffany. You've accomplished so much in such a short period of time and have so much to be proud of. Where do you want to be in ten years?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Thank you for the kind words, Mary! In ten years, I would love to still be with Mogul. I love what we get to do each day so much -- our mission, our team, our users, the women we're helping globally. It's a blessing to be here each day.

• Kelly Hudson
    almost 3 years ago

Hey there girl! Tiffany, thank you so much for starting Mogul. I've tracked it from the beginning and have been pushing it to my friends. My question is: what's been the hardest phase of your life that ended up being a huge learning experience? Would you go through that chapter again or did it help you evolve as a person? Thanks and lmk if you are in LA!

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Hi Kelly! Thanks so much for the question. Honestly, the hardest part was the year preceding the launch of Mogul and then the first 1.75 years of Mogul. There was so much to do, and I was always putting aside sleep and fitness in order to do that *one* more thing for the platform at night. Now, finally, sleep and fitness have become priorities again.

• Martha
    almost 3 years ago

Hi Tiffany, you're such an inspiration! I wonder, what would be your biggest advice to girls like me (22 y/o) who wish to become an entrepreneur? And what are your best advices on being courageous - how can we find the gut to put ourselves and our ideas 'out there' to the public? How do we overcome that confidence-gap? :-) Can't wait to hear your thoughts x

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

To be honest, I wasn't confident truly myself until I gained enough experience to be knowledgeable about the industry in which our company operated. But every time I would do a little more, I would gain a little more confidence. That's why you just have to take small steps to do, then the resulting experience will bring you more confidence. Repeat, and repeat again. Over time, you'll be the expert everyone turns to.

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

In terms of putting yourself out there and your ideas, you just have to do it. Be open and, in all of your conversations, try sharing what you need help with next. I would always remember the mantra that, if you don't ask, you don't get. You'll be surprised at how much people are willing to help and how much more momentum you will gain!

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

In terms of being courageous, it's important to remember that there is not such thing as failing as long as you're trying and learning! That's how I've operated since I was a young girl. I would always so quickly forget the no's, and just always hold on to the yes's. Forcing this short-term memory always provided me with confidence in the future and ongoing momentum!

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Thank you so much for the kind words, Martha! I think one of the biggest pieces of advice that I can give is to just get started and not worry about it being perfect at the beginning. Put together something simple at first, get feedback on it from your users, and continue to make it better and better over time.

• karenjono
    karenjono Dr Karen Johnson Appointed Deputy Minister UK WHC World Humanity Commission.
    almost 3 years ago Liverpool, United Kingdom

Mogul is the biggest , inspiring platform I'm so delighted being involved in . I completely admire and respect you in every way for giving so many women there chance to share globally there feelings , emotions , fears , knowledge experiences,excitements and stories to help more women . I'm so proud being a Global Influencer amongst so many amazing inspiring women . Thank you Tiffany from me for helping so many women globally in many wonderful ways x

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Thank you so much for these kind words, Karen! It means so much coming from you -- a woman I so greatly admire myself! Thank you for all that you do in this world!

• Bethany Heinrich
    Bethany Heinrich Mogul Influencer
    almost 3 years ago New York, NY, United States

Hi Tiffany! Did you always know you wanted to start Mogul?

Hi Tiffany! Did you always know you wanted to start Mogul?

almost 3 years ago New York, NY, USA

Hi Bethany! I did -- since I was 14. I was already drawing wireframes at that time with ideas on what this could one day look like!

Tiffany Pham
Founder & CEO, Mogul

Forbes 30 Under 30. Business Insider 30 Under 30. Elle Magazine 30 Under 30. Tech Executive. Film Producer. Book author. Arts philanthropist.

Moguls Interested in Entrepreneurs