The Sr. PMO Project Manager is responsible for managing projects of varying size and complexity from initiation through completion across cross-functional project teams. Project work includes delivering high-quality financial risk management solutions, operational enhancements, infrastructure improvements, and/or enterprise systems. Using the OCC Project Management Methodology as a guide, the PMO Project Manager coordinates project initiation activities. The PMO Project Manager then leads project planning, execution, and closure activities of the approved project while providing on-going monitoring and reporting of project progress.
- Manages the day-to-day aspects of a project to deliver high-quality, on time, on budget outcomes within the project scope.
- Follows OCC standard project management guidelines, including OCC project management checklists and templates.
- Leads project initiation and planning activities to structure the project, including facilitating the definition of project goals, objectives, and scope. Also engages project teams in detailed planning activities, manages project execution activities, and ensures completion of project closure activities.
- Coordinates the identification and planning of all project work streams, including working with each functional manager to plan work product schedules, identify key milestones, manage dependencies, identify risks, track and manage issues, and report on project progress.
- Leads and oversees the identification, execution, and updating of project timelines, tasks/responsibilities, and deliverables.
- Works with project team to identify project risks, resolve issues, and eliminate project challenges.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of project milestones and deliverables.
- Communicates clear, concise, and accurate project status to all appropriate project stakeholders, including providing periodic status reports.
- Monitors and reports on project progress against planned project data.
- Coordinates and responds to project changes, including escalating project issues and decisions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Oversight of the Project Team and management of deliverables
- Demonstrated familiarity with structured project management methodologies.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects in various stages of the project life cycle from initiation through completion.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a dynamic, high-paced, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Proven ability to facilitate project alignment between business and technical teams.
- Possesses strong leadership capabilities to lead and direct project teams, including proven ability to build successful and effective project teams, leading team decision-making processes, and fostering an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration.
- Ability to manage large projects with aggressive timelines and challenging scope, including being able to create and execute project work plans to meet changing requirements resulting from evolving business needs.
- Analytical problem-solver.
- Self-directed and detail-oriented.
- Highly effective organization and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as Microsoft Project and SharePoint (or similar PPM tool).
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Knowledge of application development and testing processes (preferred).
- Knowledge of business process improvements and controls (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline required. (An advanced degree is preferred.)
- 5-10 years of experience in project management or project leadership role.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (preferred).
- Scrum Certification (preferred).
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). OCC now provides [...]