At Datadog, we're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
As Datadog’s mobile SDK engineer, you will collaborate with the product and backend teams to build solutions that delight our customers and scale massively. Your users are developers and your code will need to shine! SDKs are difficult to ship — the app environment is challenging and you need to be able to navigate these challenges with creativity and confidence from past experience.
We expect that you are completely familiar with the OS and the specific security and isolation challenges that exist. SDKs are resident with other SDKs as well as with the application code, your SDK code must be safe and robust in this complex environment. In order to build trust with our customers, you need to be comfortable building robust, very well architect-ed and isolated code that works all the time.
As your code might be in the public eye, and you are building code for other developers to use, you must be comfortable with providing accurate documentation for how a developer should use your code. You will need to review and sometimes be the primary author of documentation for the APIs and code that you produce.
- Build and launch the first Datadog mobile SDK, used across the world by the users of our customers
- Work closely with the backend and product teams to deliver the best-in-class mobile RUM product
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
- You have significant experience in Java/Kotlin or Objective-C/Swift
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You have experience developing commercially shipped SDKs
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers