Bank of America is seeking a Small Business Banker (SBB) to serve small businesses with annual revenues from $500k up to $5 million. This position will leverage the power of our company to provide comprehensive financial solutions to our customers. The SBB is responsible for growing the profitability of the small business customer base and will lead with a primary deposit relationship. The SBB is accountable for prospecting and acquiring new priority small businesses, as well as retaining and deepening existing relationships. A significant portion of the SBB's time will be dedicated towards new acquisition activities and the SBB will spend 50% - 80% of their time outside of the financial center. The SBB analyzes the client's financial condition and recommends financial solutions to best meet the client's business and personal needs. The SBB must have the ability to build new relationships and maintain strong relationships with small business owners. The SBB will identify client needs and will coordinate client involvement with other product specialists. The SBB will work closely with the following partners: Financial Center, Customer Contact Center, Merchant Services, Business Banking partners and other leadership to deliver an integrated and seamless Bank of America experience for these clients. The SBB will not have credit lending authority nor decision making ability; loans will be underwritten through Small Business Client Management team.
The SBB will be expected to:
• Prospect, cold call, network and develop new business opportunities within the small business banking community, within a specific territory.
• Be well versed in all Bank of America products and services to ensure relationship building opportunities
• Be the face of Bank of America in the community and take an appropriate leadership role
• Keep abreast of changing business trends that impact the Small Business segment and translate those trends into business opportunities
• This employee will report to a Small Business Banking Manager and may be required to work weekends and/or extended hours as well as speak more than one language, depending upon location.
- 3-5 years of proven consultative outside sales experience in financial services, business to business sales, or small business banking.
- Must be passionate about outside sales and expect to spend 50% - 80% of their time prospecting
- Proven track record of prospecting new business, enhancing existing relationships and meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Proven sales skills and client management experience
- Must be able to assess and analyze financial conditions of clients and industry trends
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements and cash flow analysis
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability
- Capable of partnering and negotiating with team of bank associates to solve client issues
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or economics preferred OR minimum 7 yrs relevant work experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated management of an extensive client portfolio with annual revenues of $500k-$5 million
- Thorough knowledge of small business financial products and services
- 10+ years of business experience
- Community leadership
- Familiarity with sales force automation(Salesforce.com/ACT)
- Ability to demonstrate examples of improving specific businesses financial outcomes by interpreting financial statements and recommending specific levers
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves [...]