We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale - trillions of data points per day — providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Security Engineering team is responsible for protecting the company and our customers against information security threats. We are building a deeply technical security engineering group comprised of builders, breakers, and defenders working in concert to enable Datadog to conduct business in an efficient, agile, and secure way. Security Engineering strives to be a center of excellence for offensive and defensive security tradecraft in support of information security initiatives and the engineering organization.
As a Security Engineer within the Customer Safety team you will partner with multiple teams within security and the greater engineering org to detect threats and prevent attacks against Datadog customers.
- Use custom and third party tools as well as the Datadog platform to detect and prevent account takeover attacks.
- Hunt for active threats and create novel detection strategies to increase customer safety
- Work closely with dev teams to plan and implement product improvements and security controls that better protect customers.
- Enable the use of the Datadog platform without compromising security or usability.
- You have experience in application security, incident response, and/or threat hunting
- You want to help provide a high quality, secure environment for users
- You want to blaze new trails in the user protection space
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers