Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
Reports To: Receiving Team Leader
Overall Focus: Ensure that all ingredients are available for productions scheduled runs and that all ingredients meet all Ainsworth specifications for incoming ingredients.
FLSA Designation: Hourly Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: 11
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures a safe work environment for team by demonstrating and enforcing safe behavior.
- Contributes to our safety culture by displaying a positive, safety first behavior
- Follows all safety practices/procedures
- Reports safety hazards and/or incidents in a timely manner
- Always wears required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Follows proper lockout tag out (LOTO) procedures
- Encourages co-workers to work safely and follow safety procedures
· Successfully adheres to assigned aspects of the Operations Execution Model.
o Strives to deliver World Class Customer Service.
o Effectively communicates with Shift Supervisor.
o Puts forth maximum effort through demonstrated behaviors.
o Actively demonstrates respect for all people, product, processes, equipment, and customers.
· Ensures Food Safety & Quality program is adhered to.
o Adherence to Prerequisite Programs – follows sanitation controls, adheres to CCP controls and procedures, notifies supervisor of quality and food safety issues, prevents cross-contamination
o Adherence to Good Documentation Practices – does not use pencils or whiteout, when making a mistake or write over crosses out with a single line, corrects, initials and dates.
o Compliance with procedures, protocols and process specifications.
o Adheres to all Ainsworth Customer Quality requirements
o All Staff shall be informed of their responsibility to report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
o Maintains a clean work environment
o Fully compliant with GMPs
o Executes Sanitation practices to expectations
o Exhibits perfect behavior with hand and shoe sanitizing
o Demonstrates understanding of Hygienic Zoning and Food Safety requirements in daily activities
o Follows 5S principles
· Meet all quality measures on product being received.
o Sense of Urgency to escalate Quality or Food Safety issues.
o Use tools and environment to ensure quality requirements are being met.
· Adhere to daily plans to achieve finished goods schedule.
o Manages inventory movement transactions in ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) software Microsoft Dynamics & Mixing Control System with 100% accuracy, 100% agreement between Item Reclass Log transaction ledger entries and NAV ledger entries.
o Successfully performs bi-weekly check sample validation lab testing & maintains compliance always with lab SOP (MD-AD-QA-003, MD-AD-QA-004, MD-AD-QA-034) requirements relevant to the CCP to control Aflatoxin/DON, 0 CCP Corrective Actions Filed by Plant QA.
o Understands and adheres to GIPSA (Grain Inspection, Packers & Stockyards) code while performing raw material sampling procedures, 0 Issues reported during GIPSA Audit (3rd party: Moses)
o Determine through various test procedures & log quality data into AQD (Ainsworth Quality Database) software, 0 In progress AQD Non-Conformance issues, 100% all submitted and complete.
o Accurately perform all tasks related to SQF (Safe Quality Food) PRP (Pre Requisite Programs) including: Bin Routing Verification, Item Reclassification Log Tracking, Unloading Center Magnet Inspections, 0 PRP Corrective Actions Filed by Plant QA.
o Efficient operation of unloading process automation & navigation of plant HMI’s & web based computer applications (Set Up, Start, Complete Unloading Processes), Consistently meets pace with established production targets.
o Facilitates 0 preventable hours of demurrage (added) fees by unloading bulk deliveries at scheduled appointment times.
o Takes accountability for Daily Plan success and follows through with all assigned tasks
o Prioritizes ingredient unloading to maximize mixing system uptime
o Understands common area productivity failure modes by being able to troubleshoot or promptly source relevant subject matter experts on each
o Promptly and Efficiently unloads ingredients requested by area supervisor or control room operator
o Reports to work area on time on scheduled work days 100% of the time
· Creates a positive work environment for teammates.
· Assumes responsibility for own personal development and continuous learning.
· Keeps abreast on new technology, methods and regulations related to responsibilities
· Practices customer intimacy with internal and external customers in day to day responsibilities
· Lives by the Ainsworth values
(Knowledge and skills necessary to meet organizational objectives)
Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Fork truck operation, warehouse receiving or loading experience preferred. Prior experience with grains is helpful.
(Abilities required of all positions)
o Ability to identify key issues and relationships based on information being communicated by a variety of resources
o Making decisions based on logical assumptions combined with factual information while keeping the organizational values and goals in mind
o An understanding of the love for pets and the importance of the pet/pet parent relationship
o Enduring energy and engagement in the Ainsworth Pet Nutrition culture
o Be a brand and company evangelist
o Working and communicating appropriately and effectively across roles and departments
o Understanding and working towards the long term goals of Ainsworth Pet Nutrition as a unified force
· Customer Intimate
o Understanding and exceeding the customer's needs and expectations, both externally and internally
o Ability to use, understand, and learn from unreserved, honest conversations with other individuals, while still respecting all those involved in the dialogue
o Open, forthright communication that stimulates debate and new ideas amongst a group, as well as with yourself
o Does what they say they are going to do
o Instills trust through actions and behaviors
· Change Agent
o Can adjust to a new environment quickly
o Accepts change as a way of life and works proactively to adapt
JOB- RELATED COMPETENCIES
(Abilities required of this position)
· Proficient of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook.
- Knowledgeable of problem solving and process improvement tools, methods and LEAN.
- Sense of urgency to escalate issues when needed.
- Ability to create a positive work environment.
- Ability to lead team to execute daily plans and achieve results.
- Ability to coach team members.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
(Necessary to perform essential functions of job with or without an accommodation)
· Climb ladders and bins
· Maneuver in tight spaces
· Ability to lift 50+ lbs. repetitively
· Differentiate between colors
· Work in extreme temperature conditions (hot or cold)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Ainsworth Pet Nutrition is a fifth generation, primarily family-owned and operated company named after one of the company founders, George Ainsworth Lang. The company is focused entirely on pets, and has a stated goal of changing the way consumers shop for Super Premium pet food. The company makes [...]