Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
Title: Production Team Leader I
Reports To: CI/Shift or Materials Manager (depending on location)
Overall Focus: Utilizing team members to successfully implement Operations Execution Model.
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: 14
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures a safe work environment for team by demonstrating and enforcing safe behavior.
· Successfully implement Operations Execution Model.
§ Drives operations results to deliver World Class Customer Service.
§ Is a constant leadership presence on the plant floor.
§ Effectively communicates expectations, provides timely feedback to performance to those expectations, and takes timely and appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
§ Promotes engagement and maximum effort through demonstrated behaviors and positive recognition.
§ Actively demonstrates respect for all people, product, processes, equipment, and customers.
· Ensures Food Safety & Quality program is adhered to.
§ All Staff shall be informed of their responsibility to report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
§ Provide tools and environment to ensure food safety.
· Meet all quality measures on product being produced.
§ Sense of Urgency to escalate Quality or Food Safety issues.
§ Provide tools and environment to ensure quality yields are being met.
· Build and execute effective daily plans to achieve finished goods schedule.
§ Participate in pre-shift meetings, leading assigned portion. Implement mid shift corrections.
§ Make cost-conscious business decisions in alignment with all key accountabilities
§ Understand, prioritize and eliminate losses.
§ Communicate effectively with necessary resources offsite.
· Creates a positive work environment for team.
o Build and leverage team to achieve goals.
o Provide feedback to assigned team members on daily basis
o Hold mid-year and year-end performance discussion with assigned team members
o With team, develop and implement state of the team improvement plan
o Develop team members to successfully perform current and future roles
· Assumes responsibility for own personal development and continuous learning.
· Keeps abreast on new technology, methods and regulations related to responsibilities
· Practices customer intimacy with internal and external customers in day to day responsibilities
· Lives by the Ainsworth values
(Knowledge and skills necessary to meet organizational objectives)
Education/Training: BA/BS Degree or Relevant Experience
Experience: Demonstrated advancement in Food Manufacturing Industry.
(Abilities required of all positions)
o Ability to identify key issues and relationships based on information being communicated by a variety of resources
o Making decisions based on logical assumptions combined with factual information while keeping the organizational values and goals in mind
o An understanding of the love for pets and the importance of the pet/pet parent relationship
o Enduring energy and engagement in the Ainsworth Pet Nutrition culture
o Be a brand and company evangelist
o Working and communicating appropriately and effectively across roles and departments
o Understanding and working towards the long term goals of Ainsworth Pet Nutrition as a unified force
· Customer Intimate
o Understanding and exceeding the customer's needs and expectations, both externally and internally
o Ability to use, understand, and learn from unreserved, honest conversations with other individuals, while still respecting all those involved in the dialogue
o Open, forthright communication that stimulates debate and new ideas amongst a group, as well as with yourself
o Does what they say they are going to do
o Instills trust through actions and behaviors
· Change Agent
o Can adjust to a new environment quickly
o Accepts change as a way of life and works proactively to adapt
JOB- RELATED COMPETENCIES
(Abilities required of this position)
· Proficient of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook.
- Knowledgeable of problem solving and process improvement tools, methods and LEAN.
- Sense of urgency to escalate issues when needed.
- Ability to create a positive work environment.
- Ability to lead team to execute daily plans and achieve results.
- Ability to coach team members.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
(Necessary to perform essential functions of job with or without an accommodation)
· Climb ladders and bins
· Maneuver in tight spaces
· Ability to lift 50+ lbs. repetitively
· Differentiate between colors
· Work in extreme temperature conditions (hot or cold)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Ainsworth Pet Nutrition is a fifth generation, primarily family-owned and operated company named after one of the company founders, George Ainsworth Lang. The company is focused entirely on pets, and has a stated goal of changing the way consumers shop for Super Premium pet food. The company makes [...]