About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is redefining retail shopping using a unique blend of art and science to deliver a deeply personalized service to our customers. This novel juxtaposition—at once analytic and artistic, technical and adventurous—attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. Our diverse workforce has catalyzed enormous company growth over the past three years in terms of customer satisfaction and service efficacy. We’d love for you to help us carry on the trend.
About the Role
The Merchandise Planning Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Planning team in growing the Women's apparel business. You will assist in developing and executing inventory and assortment plans based on client feedback and preferences to deliver financial goals and business strategies.
You will report to one of our talented Merchandise Planners and have exposure to our Director of Planning & Allocation as well as other senior-level members of our Merchandising team. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starting, sharply analytical problem-solver with proven planning acumen and the ability to adapt to the Stitch Fix business model.
You're excited about this role because you will...
- Generate and maintain weekly merchandising dashboard
- Present business cases in best seller and style out meetings
- Assist in managing the financial plan of a class/business group
- Work directly with Merchandise Planner(s) on building new reports and merchandise analytics
- Analyze historical and current trend to identify risk and opportunities and partner with planner to develop action plan to achieve department goals
- Recap in-season actualized sales and inventory KPIs to plan and forecast
- Participate in development of pre-season strategy with planner and buying team
- Find opportunities to balance size ownership
- Partner with the Buying team to manager liabilities with clearance and markdown strategy and execution
- Create buy plans for core styles and track sales performance to recommend inventory flow
- Cross-functional collaboration with Operations, Marketing, Styling, Analytics, Engineering and Finance teams
We're excited about you because...
- You have a college degree (preferably a BS in a business-related field) with 1-2 years of work experience in planning/allocation or another analytical/financial field
- You are well-versed in MS Office, are Excel savvy and comfortable manipulating large data sets
- You have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- You are passionate about the retail industry
- You are smart, driven and excited to learn new things
- You are comfortable in a start-up environment with an "all hands on deck" mentality
- You can work independently as well as part of a team
- You communicate well within a team and cross-functionally
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- You are polished and comfortable working with vendors, factors and other external groups
- You are hard-working and solution-oriented
- You are flexible and can multi-task under pressure
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Are a successful, fast-growing company with a start-up work vibe
- Are a technologically and data-driven business
- Offer competitive salaries, equity and comprehensive health benefits
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience
- Get to be creative on a daily basis
- Are a smart and experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative
Stitch Fix has re-invented shopping, the way women really want to shop. Keep your wardrobe up-to-date with no hassle. You give us your size and style preferences, and your stylist sends you a selection of 5 items picked just for you. Try everything on at home, and only pay for what you want to keep!