Responsible for supporting complex network infrastructure including routers; switches; circuits; MPLS/DMVPN connectivity; voice over IP phone systems; load balancers; firewalls; VPN; DNS; IPAM; Sniffers; tapping; NAC; NTP; DDoS mitigation; proxies; network management tools; and call recording infrastructure.
Perform network design & analysis of new architectures, new routing and restoration approaches; developing systems specifications, planning small to medium sized projects, technical implementation plans and coordinating complex installation projects with clients and vendors under minimal supervision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Work with vendors, common carriers and various teams in identification and resolution of complex network problems.
- Install and support network solutions
- Provide tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects.
- Ensure network performance and network security standards are met.
- Provide on-call support according to assigned schedule.
- Frequent weekend work - weekday schedule will be adjusted accordingly.
- Build, test and support routing and switching components
- Support and troubleshoot IP communications
- Plan and assist in network changes and new infrastructure deployments.
- Install equipment and extend, or make cabling connections.
- Document network changes, policies and procedures and drawings.
- Manage small to medium sized projects and maintain schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Good presentation skills.
- Basic typing skills.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various technical backgrounds.
- Negotiation skills including listening and persuasion.
- Basic interpersonal and project management skills.
- Strong ability to use solution-oriented approach towards problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Telecommunications technology knowledge (Fax; POTS lines; DSL, T1, SONET, Ethernet, MPLS; 1 Gig; 10 Gig) with a minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience
- Intermediate WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, VPN, routing, switching skills with a minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of DMVPN and MPLS networks preferred
- Experience with IOS, NX-OS, and XR preferred
- Experience with Bluecat DNS/IPAM; Bluecoat proxy; Checkpoint firewalls; Gigamon tapping; Cisco ISE; F5 Big IP; Arbor DDoS; Cisco Prime (LMS/Infrastructure); WebEx; Cisco ASA; Netscout/Infinistream Sniffers; NTP preferred
- Intermediate physical communication troubleshooting skills using cabling and signaling analyzer, packet capture and analysis
- Working knowledge of BGP, RIP and OSPF routing protocol with a minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience
- Intermediate VOIP skills (Cisco preferred) with a minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience
- Bash, Perl, Python, TCL, scripting/coding knowledge would be a plus
- OpenStack experience a plus
- DevOps experience a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in Telecommunication or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in a network support role
Certificates or Licenses:
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification or Openstack certifications preferred
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). OCC now provides [...]