(This role is also posted under the title CloudOps Analyst)
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Cloud Cost Optimization team works directly with the CTO and is responsible for identifying and executing on cost-saving opportunities, providing engineering teams meaningful visibility into spend, and empowering finance to understand and incorporate the complexities of cloud costs.
As a FinOps Analyst, you will dig deep into cloud costs to help provide deeper meaning to Datadog's cloud spend. You'll be partnering with Engineering VPs to help correlate usage and spend to identify areas for cost optimization, and you'll work closely with Finance to build detailed cost modeling forecasts. The Cloud Cost Optimization team is a relatively new group at Datadog, and you will help shape and grow the team to be effective as the company (and spend) grows.
- Dive deep into detailed billing reporting to get a granular view of our current spend
- Model that information against usage to help calculate efficiency and forecast spend
- Work with individual engineering teams to provide deeper meaning to cost and usage data
- Work with finance team to build forecast models and explore trends
- Work with vendors to get the best deal possible
- You have been analyzing and forecasting public cloud spend at a large scale
- You keep up with the major cloud providers' product offerings and can relate to how they power the Datadog platform
- You have experience working cross-departmentally to roll out big initiatives
- Your analytical skills are evidenced by the elegance and correctness of the quantitative financial reports and models you produce
- You’ve worked directly with cloud providers’ detailed billing reporting
- You’re no stranger to advanced mathematical functions and how they can bring meaning to spreadsheets full of raw data