Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Alexandria, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Individuals in this role are expected to work as Java/JVM languages developer and problem solver. They will be responsible for supporting our data science group in creating high-impact machine learning solutions for our clients. In this role the Java developer will work on a small team and can switch assignments in a disciplined and fast-paced environment. They must be confident to tackle complex problems, and will be expected to design, develop, test, and deploy Java technologies, including big data platforms, such as Hadoop. Successful candidates will be great communicators, strong Java skills, familiar with Agile software development methodology and effective collaborator working with cross-functional teams. The Developer will have previous experience working with Java/JVM languages. The Developer will need to be innovative and entrepreneurial to work within a "start-up like" environment. Must have a demonstrated track record of solving difficult problems. This role is client-facing.
- Work in fast-paced team of cloud engineers to build a robust cloud infrastructure that ingests, processes, and stores an influx of large data into a big data platform
- Participate in design and development activities towards machine learning applications and data analytics
- Implement distributed systems and software applications
- Work independently and with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative solutions to complex business and technical challenges
- Able to communicate with other teams and understand the data requirements so that the data infrastructure is compatible and suitable for Analytics and other areas
- ETL and query data from multiple high-volume relational and/or big data (distributed environments) repositories
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- 1 year of Java/JVM language programming
- 1 year of experience in using source control management tools
- 1 year of experience with various databases including knowledge of SQL, relational data stores or NoSQL database
- Java, Spark, Scala, Kotlin
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Accenture is a global collective of innovators who look to improve the way the world works and lives. Working with our clients, we apply innovation and intelligence at the heart of their organizations. Empowered with leading-edge technologies, continuous learning opportunities and a global [...]