Provide effective leadership across the Collateral Services Department and ensure that the management team and staff receive sufficient training and are properly equipped to complete accurate processing of collateral, settlement and stock loan processing. The role will provide expert advice and recommendations to senior management in order to improve processing efficiencies and will involve heavy participation in project oriented work. In addition to external parties, the Director will collaborate with other areas of the company in order to achieve department and management goals and will coordinate the implementation and integration of new or improved processes into daily operational processing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the Collateral Services department by providing leadership, strategy, guidance and expert advice to the team.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and vendor demo’s related to collateral and settlement processing as directed by management.
- Oversee that staff has been adequately trained and supplied with the necessary resources to perform job responsibilities.
- Provide leadership contributions on initiated and assigned projects (provide expert advice and collaborate with internal and external parties).
- Work with the Collateral Services management team to verify that daily collateral, settlement and stock loan activity is completed.
- Participate in the effort to complete/maintain accurate process mapping and control matrices of the Collateral Services department.
- Oversee that official department records are securely maintained and retained in accordance with the department’s records management procedure.
- Provide direction to the Collateral Services team so that department audits (internal and external) are performed in a timely and accurate manner and that any necessary corrective action and/or remediation measures are completed.
- Actively support good working relationships daily with banks, clearing members, exchanges, vendors, and other OCC departments.
- Participate in the annual review of department related policies and procedures and ensure alignment with production processing; delegate tasks to appropriate staff.
- Coach and mentor direct and indirect reports, provide continual feedback and recognition. Review and evaluate the work of staff, and prepare performance reviews.
- Assist senior management in achievement of strategies and goals as directed.
- Visit banks and FMU’s as needed to review operational issues that impact Collateral Services, strengthen relationship and discuss new initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage Collateral Services department (direct and indirect reports).
- Responsible for coaching/development, training and completing performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Extensive knowledge of collateral and payment processing operations
- Ability to effectively lead and direct multiple employees simultaneously.
- Ability to absorb and retain extensive information regarding department functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of problem solving/troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to multitask in a dynamic environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office desktop tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 7+ years of management experience preferably in the financial operations arena
- Technical understanding and working knowledge of settlement and payment systems and processes
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). OCC now provides [...]