Our sales strategy and operations team is driving Datadog's next phase of growth. Datadog's sales teams are already growing rapidly and smashing revenue records month after month. The strategy and operations team sets the stage for even greater success by contributing strategic planning, data-driven decision making, and increased operational rigor across the business. We are analytical, creative thinkers who are actively seeking out new areas for growth and standing up the business processes that will accelerate Datadog's success.
As a Deal Desk Manager, you will work cross-functionally with our Sales Operations, Billing, Contracts and Legal teams to provide quoting and deal structuring support to the Global Sales Team. This will be a growth position as Datadog’s business continues to expand.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Datadog’s licensing and pricing models, and pricing, to provide deal structuring and quoting support to our international sales teams
- Be a creative problem solver who finds a way to meet Customers’ needs while adhering to Datadog’s selling policies
- Manage day to day escalations from Customers
- Work cross functionally across various stakeholder groups including legal, contracts, sales operations, order management, revenue, finance and product management
- Actively participate in deal reviews with sales and sales management
- Function as point of contact and subject matter expert for Sales on deal pricing matters
- Drive adherence to internal controls, protocols and business rules
- Become a trusted advisor to sales organization
- Maximize revenue while reducing risk for the company
- Drive more efficient process to the deal desk function as well as overall sales organization
- You’ve structured and quoted SaaS transactions for a multi-national company
- Robust experience across processes that fall at the intersection of sales operations, finance, sales strategy and/or sales enablement as sales operations, finance, sales strategy, and sales enablement
- Mandatory experience working with both direct and indirect sales
- Working knowledge of revenue recognition principles
- Working knowledge of VAT related to Orders
- Must be comfortable representing the Company to Customers in negotiations and resolving Customer Satisfaction issues
- Light travel as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and requests, and prioritize critical tasks
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment
- Strong quantitative skills to build out sales models and creative custom proposals
- Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills'
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience using DocuSign is highly preferred
- Experience working with channels and alliances teams
- Multiple language speaking skills, mainly French and/or German
- Experience working in a super-growth SaaS or high-tech company is also a plus
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.