The Data Center Support Specialist is responsible for planning, layout and complete installation of new commercial and retrofit commercial communications equipment and systems in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. Install, test, and label cable (CAT5-CAT7) and fiber (SM and MM) using standard data center protocols and using cable management and structured cabling systems
- Install cable tray, ladder rack and grounding and bonding
- Install and validate servers, network infrastructure, and supporting hardware in a mission critical datacenter, while ensuring proper Rack/Cable/Switch/Power/Cooling metrics are maintained
- Decommission and removal of retired equipment
- Professional and prompt responses to customers' requests; effectively resolving customers' concerns and problem solving
- Reading plans and specifications
- Reliable transportation and tools
- Interface with customers and Data Center Lead to clarify project status
- Conduct face-to-face project start (Method of Procedure) meetings
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and coordination with Data Center Lead
- Hardware diagnosis and replacement of failed components.
- Responsible for the adding and updating of Data Center assets within the Data Center Infrastructure (DCIM) platform.
- Assist with remediation and audit of assets within the Data Center Infrastructure (DCIM) platform.
- Ensure the Data Center (Main Floor and Storage Areas) are clean and organized
- Disposal of project material packaging
- Responsible for Data Center shipping and receiving, coordinating with Shipping and Receiving personnel
- Provide On-Call duties on assigned weeks, which may include response to clients’ needs during overnight or weekends
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions. Work well within a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Good customer service skills
- Strong computer soft skills required (Windows, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Data Center Infrastructure (DCIM) related tools)
- Adaptable to changing environments
- 7-10 years of telecom equipment installation experience is required.
- Capable of independently leading data center equipment installation projects
- Good organizational Skills
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts
- Expert knowledge of Data Center terminology and traditional Data Center solutions
- Must be able to function well under pressure with multiple priorities
- Ability to lift/move 25-50 lbs equipment on a daily basis
- Full working knowledge of test equipment; the ability to install and work with different types of connectors, terminations and pin configurations; knowledge of color codes; and familiarity with TIA and EIA standards and section 800 of the NEC is a plus
- Cable testing (fiber, copper, coax) experience
- Experience with completing quality assurance procedures and checking the final product for errors
- 5+ years' experience working in a Central Office Environment including Lacing and Stitching
- Strong knowledge of high availability best practices and implementation
- Terminations (copper / fiber) per TIA/EIA Standards
- Work with 110/66 Blocks
- Experience using test equipment such as: Viavi, Fluke, Exfo, JDSU and Fiber Optic Power meters to perform circuit testing such as, DS-1 / 3’s, OC-3 to 192, GIG-E, Fast Ethernet
- Strong knowledge of storage systems, mainframes, servers, network switches, network appliances
- Experience with ticketing software (ServiceNow/Remedy)
- 5+ years’ experience working with (208V AC), and (48V, 24V DC) power systems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must provide evidence of at least 10 years’ experience in the communications industry. 5+ years of Data Center experience working In a large enterprise data center environment
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED or the equivalent
Certificates or Licenses:
- BICSI Installer certification (or equivalent training and experience) required.
- Manufacturing certifications (Panduit, Hubbell, TE)
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). OCC now provides [...]