The Legal team supports Datadog's rapid growth by providing a wide range of legal services across a highly dynamic technology company, from driving new business via contracts and compliance efforts, to protecting Datadog's intellectual property. Datadog's Legal team collaborates with virtually every team across the organization, from engineering to product to marketing.
Datadog is seeking a talented, business-oriented attorney to join our legal team. In this role you’ll work closely with individuals across the organization in support of various legal-related matters, with a primary focus on supporting sales of our subscription services.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support customer sales, our purchase of software and services from vendors, and growth-driven relationships with channel partners
- Provide practical, decisive guidance to internal teams
- Stay current on industry, commercial, intellectual property, open source, privacy and other laws, regulations, and developments to be able to give the most effective advice
- Support the ongoing improvement of our contract templates, playbooks and processes
- Collaborate with legal and non-legal colleagues on various projects as needed
- 6+ years working with regulated industries on different kinds of commercial transactions (including SaaS, IP licensing and commercial partnerships)
- Experience negotiating data processing agreements (knowledge of GDPR, and working knowledge of CCPA, are required)
- High integrity and excellent judgment, supported by well-articulated points of view
- Organized and process driven, with the ability to work independently with little guidance, but an understanding of when matters need escalation within or outside of the legal team
- Flexibility and eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- JD and bar admission
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.