Vice President Global Business Process at Warner Music Group
New York, NY
Chief Operating Officer for a Fortune 500 company or start-up.
Chief Transformation or Chief Innovation Officer
Product Road Mapping
Business Model Innovation
Customer Driven Innovation
Lean Six Sigma
Cross Functional Team Building
High Performance Teams
MANAGER - OPERATIONS AND QUALITY
June 2000 - December 2005
Reporting to the Head of Operations and the client, led and directed a team of 125 multi-tiered customer service employees monitoring life-critical equipment. Captured $58 million in cost savings through Lean implementations.
- Improved effective work hours by 23% and reduced overtime by 60% in the order management process.
- Achieved 100% on-time recoverability for critical processes by managing the business continuity process across three sites.
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT - BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT
January 2006 - May 2012
Transformation leader directing teams including black belts, business analysts, and data analysts. Managed a $15 million P&L. Led shared services set up, transformation, BOT (build-operate-transfer) and optimization for Fortune 500 clients.
- Generated $140 million in savings across US, LatAm, UK, and JPN by creating business process as a service back office solution, for a leading agrochemicals company.
- Realized $11 million in working capital for SABIC, a major chemicals company.
- Delivered $114 million revenue enhancement for $3 billion spare parts business of GE through digital technology implementation.
NORTH AMERICA OPEX LEADER
Accenture Credit Services
June 2012 - January 2013
Managed operations transformation, metrics management, training, and project management through integration of newly acquired company. Created new methodology for deployment during merger activities to rapidly bridge the culture gap on organization, people, process, and technology fronts. Created and led Six Sigma training. Engaged teams through employee experience programs to enhance morale and standardization of operational practices across multiple sites in US and India.
- Captured customer SLAs of 65% reduction in cycle time, over 95% quality, and competitive cost by managing integration of newly acquired mortgage business.
- Slashed mortgage application processing timeline by 80% through standardized work and mistake-proofing solutions.
- Participated in industry forums and conferences to share best practices.
DIRECTOR - GLOBAL BIOLOGICS OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
New Brunswick, NJ
July 2013 - March 2015
Led and coached master black belt, black belt, and project management specialists across 12 global manufacturing sites. Initiated and managed critical operational excellence programs across global sites from development through fill/finish within the biologics business unit. Created and deployed Hoshin Kanri (strategic plan) to drive continuous improvement in productivity, cost, cycle time, efficiency, and quality within GMS organization. Led and directed a site-based team of Lean Six Sigma MBB/BB to ensure execution of strategic projects.
- Delivered $480 million inventory cost reduction through inventory optimization, enabling better business continuity.
- Drove 47% reduction in review cycle time, diminishing the risk to overall product disposition cycle time.
- Increased time-out-of-refrigeration (effectiveness of medication available to patients) from 8 hours to 3 days to improve patient experience.
VICE PRESIDENT - GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY CONSULTING
New York, NY
March 2015 - September 2016
Led global technology consulting portfolio with P&L responsibility of $250 million across Fortune 500 clients (healthcare, investment banking, consumer product goods, insurance, banking, and pharmaceuticals). Managed and directed teams including black belts and business/data analysts, through solution design, business transformation, technology transformation, change management, and cross selling/upselling.
- Achieved CAGR growth of 77% over 2 consecutive years by building and managing technology consulting product portfolio.
- Increased sales by 12% for a global nutrition product company through customer experience mapping and digital solutions.
- Led global digital transformation initiatives using machine learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP), and other data science tools.
SENIOR DIRECTOR – ENTERPRISE TRANSFORMATION, ORGANIZATIONAL AND OPERATING MODEL DESIGN
S&P Global Ratings
New York, NY
September 2016 - July 2019
Management and operational strategy consultant for company officers in Sales and Marketing, HR, Operations, IT, CRO, COO and employee teams to design a Lean program to improve global employee experience.
▪ Delivered $24 million in productivity savings and $100 million through digital finance in two consecutive years.
▪ Reduced data latency to less than 24 hours by collaborating with Chief Data Officer on a strategic initiative using data science to deliver real time data to end users for voice activated client inquiry management, user behavior and customer purchase behavior analysis to enhance revenue.
▪ With the CTO, executed on time delivery of a new global shared services center to enable more robust workforce planning and long-term talent development while staying $7MM under budget.
VICE PRESIDENT – GLOBAL BUSINESS PROCESS
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
March 2020 - Present
Lead and direct matrix teams to deliver on cost savings opportunity across $600MM spend.
▪ Increased speed to market by 40% using intelligent automation tools such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and workflow automation platforms.
▪ Shared services design and optimization of B2B and D2C global customer contact center across US and international markets.
▪ Leading the build of global solution for claims process enabling faster revenue realization.
How I can help you
Innovative thinking, strategy, problem solving, high performing team management
Deepa is a senior leader, board member, and trusted advisor to CXO partners driving financial and human capital success through workforce transformation, and innovative technology. Deepa leads global initiatives across the US, NA, EMEA, APAC, MENA, and LATAM regions to consistently deliver positive impacts in the areas of sales, operations, marketing, quality, supply chain, and technology. She is an experienced operation and transformation professional across media/ entertainment, financial services, pharmaceuticals, consumer products, and emerging digital technology. Deepa serves as a highly effective stakeholder within matrixed organization structures by utilizing collaboration and persuasion, rather than relying entirely on command and control. She rapidly adapts to evolving and competing priorities while managing and mitigating ambiguity related to both internal and external teams, including third-party resources/ vendors.