On November 14th, we’re going to be treated to the biggest and brightest full moon of the year. It’s called the Supermoon and this full moon is going to be spectacular. It will be the closest the moon has come to us in almost 69 years and it’s not going to happen again until 2034.
This month's full moon, also known as the Beaver Moon, is going to be a stargazer’s dream. In the scientific community, it’s also called a perigee moon. It means that the distance in the moon’s orbit when it passes to Earth is at its closest point, bringing the moon about 50,000 km closer than at apogee, when the moon passes furthest from Earth.
Visually, the moon looks closer to 20% larger and will have a strong effect on tides.
But, did you also know there is a spiritual side to the supermoon? The supermoon is touted to be a powerful time for meditation, healing, and recharging human energy and chakras. The thought here is that the full moon shines down with so much pure energy that anything it touches is infused with unbelievable warmth and love.
By that reasoning, the supermoon effect amplifies that power and energy.
The Supermoon is a good time to:
- Reflect: Reflect on your journey and embrace the lessons you’ve learned from that journey. Take on those lessons as you prepare for the new cycle.
- Let it go: The last three supermoons of the year signify “death” (letting go of the old) and the “rebirth” of new beginnings.
- Forgive: Forgive others and forgive yourself. Grudges are nothing more than a chain that keeps you tied to the past. Now is the time to let go, forgive, find closure, and rise anew.
- Detox: Your body should be nurtured as much as your mind. Take time to rid your body of the toxins that are as unhealthy as bad relationships.
- Firm up relationships: And speaking of relationships, surround yourself with those who are on a common path – people who can walk with you on the path without tripping you up.
- Be action-oriented: If you want to do something incredible, being comfortable is not the goal. Great things begets great actions.
Here are some other spiritual facets of the supermoon:
Energy Healing: The illumination of the supermoon delivers amplified emotions and insights. Since emotions are so easily accessible during this time, it’s a perfect opportunity to acknowledge the bad and release the negative emotions. This will help clear your chakras to give you the healing energy you need to manifest your intentions.
Sweep out negative emotions: The supermoonlight is robust and stands up to darkness and negative emotions. The moon illuminates any negative emotions stored in your chakras or your body and reflects that knowledge back to you. This begins the process of clearing those blockages through meditation, healing, or other means.
Dream awareness: You may have more vivid dreams than usual and they may contain crucial visions or revelations about your goals. Jot them down as soon as you awake in order to preserve them. They will become significant to you later even if they do not appear so now.
Manifesting rituals: According to many spiritual leaders, this is the greatest use of the supermoon because of the great abundance it signifies, whether it’s love, wisdom, luck, happiness, or whatever else you’re seeking.
It’s great for charging your crystals: Place your crystals outside or in the moonlight inside overnight so they can absorb the energy of the supermoon.
Moonbathing: It’s not a literal bath, so clothes are fine. The supermoon moonlight is cleansing to your mind, body, and spirit so soaking up its vibrant white light is like a soothing bath.
Whether you believe in the powers of the supermoon or not, it’s still a good reminder that there are times that we need to rid ourselves of the old and replace it with a rebirth of the new.
You Might Also Like
7 Things You Need to Understand About Living with Mental Illness
How Your Emotions Affect Your Money
Johnston Osburn is a Career and Life Coach who helps people turn dreams into realities. After years as a Global Talent Acquisition Professional, she realized how frequently people limit themselves because they lack belief in their abilities. They are afraid to dream, let alone dream big. [...]