October..... Can be described as rush hour traffic on a hot and sunny day in Texas in the middle of November. It's not fun, you're wondering why it's hot, you have so much to do, you feel stagnant, and sometimes you forget what's most important. YOUR HEALTH!
QOTW: Willpower is nothing without your body health- Jang Geu Rae's Baduk Teacher, Misaeng
Instead of the standard Hygiene of The Week, we'll have just an appetizer with flavors:
App 1:*Eyes* ( Eyes are the windows to your soul)
- Build strength by eating healthy i.e fruits, veggies, salmon, also, turn remove yourself for technology once in a while and exercise your eyes daily. You can do the "blinking" exercise blink 5x for 5x.
- Wear Sunglasses to protect your eyes
- Wear Contacts?: Contact-lens cases should be kept clean, replaced frequently, DON'T PUT A DIRTY CONTACT IN YOUR EYE (happens sometimes, I understand) but it causes infections and can ruin your eyesight, also if you wear glasses remember to clean them and get your yearly check up. *I'll update if I find places where you can get eye checkups for free*
- STEP AWAY FROM THE SCREEN.. as difficult as it may be, you're straining your eyes and in the long run, looking the screen for too long affects your eyesight, so step away and remember to blink.
- Eyelid Hygiene Maintenance Routine
App 2: *Mouth* Oral Hygiene is important!
Via Crest Good Oral Hygiene (tips on how to properly brush)
- Doctors recommend an electric toothbrush, but some of us are balling on a budget, so it's fine to use the manual toothbrushes CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart sells them in a pack, also, you feel like donating. Shelters are always looking for oral hygiene products. The dentist usually has free ones too!
- Brush your teeth TWICE a day! Morning and Night why? Removes build up from throughout the day, health reasons, and you feel fresh!
App 3: *Sex ONE RULE OR MAYBE TWO?*
Practice safe sex, wear a condom whether you're penetrating, anal, or oral. Don't have sex if you have a UTI or Yeast Infection.
- Take a shower before and definitely after
- This a tip: If BOTH parties are ready to have sex, talk to your doctor about ANY and ALL safety measures.
Remember, this is just a flash/short hygiene post and we don't want to overwhelm you: Light Reading: http://www.onlymyhealth.com/tips-sex-hygiene-1298541444
App 4: *Sleep, is a hygiene? *NO, BUT YOU NEED IT TO KEEP YOU GOING AND ITS FOR YOUR HEALTH
(you'll get sick, less often)
- You need 7 to 9 hours of sleep a day to be "considered" a healthy adult. We'll.... looking at how the world is and technology and all that funny but not healthy habits we like (I marathon dramas instead of sleeping), you need sleep but if you can't sleep 7 or 9, take an afternoon nap(30 mins). Can't take a nap? It's best to take a little time away from what you're doing and just breathe.
- Helps with your physical and mental health
- Puts you in a better mood
- And you begin to develop better healthier habits
- SELF CARE IS IMPORTANT!
- As someone who overworked themselves to the point where I didn't eat for 2 months and fainted, I'm telling you, remember SELF CARE, whether it's a shower, reading, going outside, eating (fruits and veggies) and more importantly, sleeping.... DO IT
*EXTRA STUFF* CLICK THE IMAGES!!!
Check Out Our Weekly Reads, from a Doc Review, Mental Health, and Creativity article, to our October Song Recommendation
Feeling Stressed? You could meditate for 30 minutes each day, exercise, go outside and enjoy the air, or Podcast
Last weekend, General Assembly(GA) and Design Sprint held a Sexual Health talk/summit/all things sexual health (that includes the most personal health issues that we all face, at many stages of our lives, across all gender identities and sexual orientations. ) and more in Austin, it was very interesting, VERY informative, and a lot of fun. I read the live tweets: *click image for more info, hashtag for live tweets, and storify for the whole thing!*
One last quote to get you through the day: Always know where the exits and public restrooms are- CWT and You're Welcome!!
You Might Also Like
What Is a Hot Stone Back Rub?
Plastic Surgery and Choosing a Plastic Surgeon