Here’s a new segment I’m calling “Themes & Schemes” as part of my new Twerking on the Topics podcast and website.
It almost seems as if life happens in themes. Sometimes it’s like life is giving us a lesson or an assignment - so it just keeps showing up until we’ve nailed it. So I’ve decided to start sharing my themes and what I’m doing about it.
Themes & Schemes
This week’s Theme is:
Thou shalt give less fucks.
It’s a tried and true one really, there are many names for it. Fierce, unapologetic, free, no regrets. This isn’t an original theme, but it’s one I’ve been thinking a lot about this week. It’s easy to conceptualize but hard to put into practice. especially if you are an over thinker…which I suspect a vast majority of us are.
So to help, here’s a list of 10 things to give less fucks about:
1) if your thotty Instagram is work appropriate
2) if your latest Raya crush is going to message you
3) What time you have to wake up in the morning / how tired you are
4) if your presence makes others feel inferior, insecure or uncomfortable
5) if people staring at you / judging you
6) somebody else's insecurities
7) saying the “right” thing
8) doing the “right” thing
9) if you don’t know what you’re doing in life / not having a purpose
10) how many people you’ve slept with / if you should have sex or not
Here are some things you should give a fuck about:
1) having fun / living your best life
2) friends and family (and maintaining relationships in general)
3) being your best self
4) being grateful
You Might Also Like
I'm a storyteller by nature; I like to talk/write about life lessons and daily wisdoms I pick up through mundane, everyday observations. I'm a marketer by trade and a podcast host by... what's the word for not trade? Check out my new video podcast at TwerkingontheTopics.com and my book "No [...]